Obama 2012 : Forum : [Dangerous decisions...Let's t..

[reply] [quote]

[Dangerous decisions...Let's talk about the campaigns.]

11 Years Ago

Hi! 

So I wanted to get a sort of debate/chat going about some of the proposal's and rumors floating around between the two parties. I think for the sake of fairness both should be thought about critically and logically picked apart. 

First I want to bring up and talk about, the rumor (not sure of the exact proposal) that Romney is aiming to eradicate ALL. ALL government funding. Everything having to do with well fare, medicaid, student loans...everything.

Now..this is up for clarification. So anyone who knows more or want's to correct me with facts PLEASE do. Because what I've heard has already been a grim realization of the death of my own leg-up's in American society.

I want to share with you guys a personal story first. I'm 23, I live alone, I don't have a job, but I don't have an Iphone and I don't get my hair or nails done before I think about paying bills. I'm a full time student going for Interpreting in Education; majoring in American sign language and getting certified in Japanese language and culture studies. I don't party every weekend and I've been hunting down jobs for two months now, even though I'm a full time student. 

I applied for help with food; snaps. Thinking maybe I can get $30 a month to buy some food so I don't die or turn into a cheap Ramen noodle. They quickly sent me back my application with the ruling I was not eligible for stamps because I was a student. Hmm....apparently students don't have to eat? Soon people everywhere in similar or different situations will be feeling this same helplessness.

But has anyone thought really deep into the scary world that would become if these supposed "ideas" become reality? THOUSANDS left to starve, people dying from absolutely no medical, or people (like myself) from lower low class families with a single parent that can stop dreaming of getting aid to go to school and make something of their lives. Desperation and depression will hit the country hard.

The crime rate with soar, there will be less and less people actually TRYING to work from the sudden shock of losing so much. Granted...I agree that welfare should be reformed. I won't say taken away because there are "SOME" families that actually use it how it should be. And there are millions who use it for anything else.

So as a person agreeing that theres a problem...my proposal is; why not creating better screening procedures for the help? Do mandatory drug test; to weed out the crack heads who sell their stamps for drugs. Require more reasonable work requirements; If the person has been on food stamps for five years...is STILL popping out babies, and has yet to apply to mc donalds..then drop THEM and let that own person be responsible for her decisions.

All I'm saying, 
Is that there's so much wrong with what's become of all of these programs that could be solved by the people in charge actually THINKING in preventive ways instead of waiting till people get so pissed off they want to get rid of it all together. Think.
-Asha 
[reply] [quote]

Re: [Dangerous decisions...Let's talk about the campaigns.]

11 Years Ago

Asha, hope we can all chat sometime tonight or maybe even tomorrow
[reply] [quote]

Re: [Dangerous decisions...Let's talk about the campaigns.]

11 Years Ago

Most definitely!