Obama 2012 : Forum : RECENT Article ["120,000 troub..

[reply] [quote]

RECENT Article ["120,000 troubled families could be banned from spending benefits on Alcohol and Tobacco"]

11 Years Ago

Hey there again!

Hopefully everyone has been well and following what's been going on closely. Keeping educated to the best of your abilities. The other day I came across a posting in a livejournal community I'm in, about a possible change in how government "benefits" are used.

Although this is proposed to take effect more in the UK, I think personally, it's a thought. For once an honest thought about how to resolve the missuse of government help without penalizing everyone. But please if your interested read for yourself. I found it an interesting read.

I also took a look at the rumored and then the actual ad's talking about Romney's supposed "Obama welfare" claims. The damage he did by dragging Obama through the mud is irreparable. Did Obama really "gut" the work requirement pertaining to welfare? If this is true what changes did he make to reform the bill? Each side has their own spin on the truth, so I'm proposing you look it up and make a decision on your own, I have mine. Each side made valid points but what you have to decide is where the integrity lies.

It's nearly old news now, but after it began I saw dozens of Romney campaign flags erected on lawns because of it. What a way to cushion your campaign light the fires of all the people who hate welfare benefactors, when it's only a certain stereotype that fuel that hate anyway.

Source::