Opinion Magazine (Poetry Club) : Forum : So how does this work?

[reply] [quote]

So how does this work?

17 Years Ago

1. Do writers submit pieces to your magazine, or do you inform them if you like pieces from their profiles and then ask permission to include them?

2. Do you edit pieces or take them "as is"?
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

we would prefer writers to submitt their work to us [email protected] but we will also read through the pieces that have been posted in this group.

all pieces will be edited
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I've noticed that all work is automatically included when we join the group, had you considered letting us add literature ourselves? I'd like to have control over which pieces I submit to the magazine.

Thanks so much for the invite, great to be here.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I second Kasia on this one.
[reply] [quote]

Re: So how does this work?

17 Years Ago

"all pieces will be edited"

Thanks for clarifying--I will pass then. Good luck.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

yes to all and we do edit the work
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

i did not know all your work was included when you joined the group --- i am new to this myself ---- i thought all the work submitted was chosen by the writers
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I've got to agree with her here, I would prefer my work not be edited as well. If I submit something, then it's already the way I want it. I wouldn't want someone changing things around and making it say something I never intended it to.

So thanks, but no thanks, and good luck!
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

You can take all my poetry, change it around, put glitter on it, I don't care - I want nothing more to do with the damn things as soon as I write them.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

hello. I am new to this, but I already have work submitted under writerscafe.org. what do I do? Do I just sit and wait?
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I got to agree I don't want my work edited. I write it thew way I want peolple to see it and interpret it themselves. So thanks but I'm outta here.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hey,
I'm new to this as well. I don't mind my work being edited, as long as I agree with any changes that have been made, and am informed about these changes promptly.
S.k.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Amen to all those who seek final approval of any editorial changes that might be suggested by the group. If it can't be left as is, then I'd prefer not to have it considered for publication. That is an author's right, by the way.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I have often been praised but rarely paid.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Opinion Magazine
yes to all and we do edit the work

I add my agreement to all those opposed to editting our work. if you choose to feature it, you need to accept it as is, or email the writer and suggest a change before you do anything else.