Our writings are the best gifts of all! : Forum : I AGREE..I WANT GIFTS BACK!

[reply] [quote]

I AGREE..I WANT GIFTS BACK!

15 Years Ago

I think it was rude for our gifts to be taken away. I am a new member to the cafe and enjoyed giving gifts to my new friends, as well as, receiving them. The messages were sweet! I wrote and voiced my feelings about it. The response I got was that the Gifts ARE A DISTRACTION and we need to CONCENTRATE on our writing. Don't we do that? We gave gifts for special occasions and for 'thank you's', etc. We earned points to purchase them, did we not? We were not even given warning. I don't know who it would be a distraction too? Certainly not us. It's sweet to give & receive gifts. It was the first thing I like about being here. Then POOF, gone.

PLEASE GIVE US OUR GIFTS BACK!!
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

really? that's why they got rid of them? Huh....well a little forewarning would have been nice, hmmm? Distracting my behind....I thought they were a nice way of saying thanks to friends who gave helpful reviews and birthdays and whatnot.

Silly moderator...

N~

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

A distraction? Is our moderator trying to say that our writing has become inadequate since we started the gifts thing? To me if anything the gifts encourage those who recieve them to write better. It gives a confidence boost...so....I WANT IT BACK! I liked giving away gifts it made me feel like i was helping. If anything get rid of rating...

Danni J

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

That is exactly why I started this group Danny!
I found sending gifts along with a review a nice way of encouraging people to write.
Sending gifts never has distracted me. Receiving a gift from a writer I think very highly of, encouraged me as well to post my latest chapter!

Now we have photo's instead ... I find those more distracting then the gifts... I mean commenting on photo's, that is distracting you from writing!
Why not reinstalling the gifts and add e-books, notepads, pencils and other useful things?
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I have a few thoughts on this (lol, I have many thoughts on this, who am I kidding)...

For some people, they were a distraction.  They were turning the site into another form of social network.  They were just sending gifts, keeping in touch with friends old and new.  They were writing the odd fluff review, and generally loitering.

For many of us though, we were working on our writing - we were doing real reviews - and all of those nice little things they want people to do here... but every now and again, we would send a friend a gift with a cute note.  Many times, this was done to offer recognition of something - to offer some inspiration... oh, I do not know - maybe help people with their writing.

The pictures and comments though, are ridiculous.  They are nothing but a distraction.  Is this supposed to be some sort of dating site now?

While it is true that I could not tell you what gifts I had received, I know that some of the gifts that I sent made people smile or laugh for a moment - that helped them get past a mood or a block, and it helped them get back to writing.  I know that some of the gifts did the same for me.

Yes, they were a distraction - a distraction from foul moods, writer's block, and all that other garbage that would stop us writing.  A pretty damn good distraction if you ask me.

This is just my two cents on the matter...
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

True about the picture thing. If anyone wanted to comment my pictures, they could've simply went to myspace or facebook *that's what those sites are for* We are here to write, and inspire...not comment pictures. *sigh*.