Paradigm Shift Ambassadors : Forum : Am sorry but........

Am sorry but........

10 Years Ago

I thought the idea of this was to support under reviewed writers with little or no background or presence?? If you read the LJW profile which we are meant to flame tomorrow not have they only been published many times over but the profile owner is also selling there own book!

Hrmmm makes me suspicious of this groups "true purpose" hope some one can clarify and explain this!!

Re: Am sorry but........

10 Years Ago

Even by there own admission they are not under exposed!

Is there not a more  "worthy" poem with the regards to the stated aims of this group to review??

10 Years Ago

You are a pain in the arse, aren't you?

10 Years Ago

@PA: The motive of this group? Since I am the moderator, I suppose I am the best one to answer. I created it as light-hearted way to spread a little joy; to honor writers we admire but who do not get 1000s of views and 100s of reviews every time they post something. It matters not a whit to me if the piece reviewed is by an established writer who has published, or is someone who joined the site last week. What matters to me is that the piece selected have <100 views and <15 reviews, and be of good quality. It is some people having harmless fun with a very skewed rating system and a counter to some very nasty, unprofessional recent behavior on the site. So your insinuations of it being for self-promotion are false- I believe the only reviews I have personally received from being a member of this group are... yours. And you seem to either despise me or despise my writing... so I say, carry on. Don't waste your time on me. Find soemone whose writing you can say something good about (it such a writer exists on WC). This is a site where people come to learn and grow, I thought. It should mean nothng to you how we choose to use the group.  

10 Years Ago

Hear, hear...

10 Years Ago

isn't there a way through the settings of this group you can select it so that only members can post or reply? lol 
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TLK

10 Years Ago

In my experience, Publishing Agent is active in terms of drumming up support for an English author who was trying to get fantasy poems to publish in some kind of anthology. Free, of course. "She" reviews his work very glowingly. His names was, I think, John Something Something. There may have been a 'Hutchinson' in there. I remember his picture of being his slightly hangdog face next to a body of water. He left the 'site for a while (illness, I think) but I saw he had come back about a month ago.

Considering the lack of any meaningful publishing activity, I am 99% certain that Publishing Agent is a sock puppet dressed up as something tantalising.
Adding this intuition to the fact that Marie has mentioned getting hits from Britain (of which England is the most populous country)*, then it seems there is an overlap between Publishing Agent and this English guy.

I invented Watchdog to warn people that this guy's promises of an anthology were likely to be bogus. Who knew if he would start charging small fees to get the anthology published?

* it wasn't me, either. I haven't visited Marie's page for a week or so.