Paradigm Shift Ambassadors : Forum : If you ever think that a singl..

If you ever think that a single small act of kindness does not matter on the WC...

10 Years Ago

Folks, I almost threw in the towel yesterday, and left the WC for good. Rather than try to re-explain here, I will share what I wrote on my Facebook site this morning- the reason I did not. A single act of kindness, when it was most needed, kept me here. What we do with the group... I just wanted to let you know, it does matter. In ways that count far more than ratings do.       
***from my Facebook page***"So I do not maintain a huge social network presence. I have the pages I manage here on FB, I have a LinkedIn professional account, and I have, for five years, been on WritersCafe as a very active and contributing member. For the past 3 months, another user, an older white man, on the WC has been trying to push me offsite. Threats to my friends, coordinated ratings attacks, etc. Activity most 15 year-olds might recognize as wrong. He almost won yesterday. After 11 of my personal and heartfelt works were rated as a 0% in order to destroy my ratings, and the same thing happened to 2 of my friends; after a very dear friend of mine was pushed offsite 2 weeks after coming back to it- I almost threw in the towel and gave up sharing my writing publicly. I almost decided it was not worth it any more. And then the amazing thing happened: a complete stranger heard from a mutual friend what was going on with me, and reached out to me. For several hours throughout the day. A most unlikely source- not the type of person who typically gives people like me a second thought. A young urban hipster. But he reminded me why I write, why I reach out to others. A single act of kindness, folks. Sometimes it is as simple as sending a stranger a message and asking, "why do you hurt?"

Re: If you ever think that a single small act of kindness does not matter on the WC...

10 Years Ago

we have to remain vigilant and protect one another :)

Re: If you ever think that a single small act of kindness does not matter on the WC...

10 Years Ago

I started to leave this group because friends on both sides of that ratings game stuff were fussing about this group and how it operates. I've decided to stay only because what they've been doing to harm one another and others, we plan on doing to lift poets up and give them that moment of happiness from all the reviews.. and who cares if they do or do not make it to the top list.. just knowing that we tried for them is satisfaction enough.

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your honesty, Lori. I promise to hold this group ture to its purpose. And.. to keep it fun, not hurtful.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LJW

10 Years Ago

M.A.: You're a warrior. SOLDIER ON