People For The Ethical Treatment Of Write Club : Forum : Q & A

Q & A

17 Years Ago

Post your questions for Mr. Vermitsky here.

So Mr. Vermitsky...
Do you believe imagination and art are the fountainhead of human existence?

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

No, these days I believe telemarking to be our society's foundation. How else would I know about all the things I'm missing out on purchasing?

I also believe that violence is a big part of who we are

and I wish I was kidding

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Am I the only one who feels like a complete and total moron/a*****e after having read some of your work?

Because, yes, you know everything, and see it all in such a fascinating and jaded light that none of us mere human fledglings compare! ::smile::

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Though I understand the feelings of awe you experience in my presence (after all, I do own a mirror) I can say, in all humility, that I do not speak Mandarin Chinese. This is by choice of course.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Dear Mr. Vermitsky...

Is smooth travel through the time-space continuim really fully possible? If so, is there a scenic route.... and if so...
then, I have bone to pick with ground control.

Sincerely,
Major Tom.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Great question my dear.

Let us consult the number #1 bestseller of all time for an answer.

And Jesus said

"But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves"

Not a good day to be a scribe and Pharisee I would say!

As for space travel, well I like to look at this quote by Wernher Von Braun found in the beginning of Gravity's Rainbow. Von Braun was one of the rocket scientists that help put man on the moon. There's more to his story and you can ask me if you feel so inclined. Anyway here's the quote. It always picks me up a bit.

"Nature does not know extinction; all it knows is transformation. Everything science has taught me, and continues to teach me, strengthens my belief in the continuity of our spiritual existence after death."

Heady stuff when you consider this guy got us to the moon. That's unless of course you don't believe in the moon landing, in which case you are just plane bat s**t crazy.

Cheers
AV

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

prefer V to grAVitys rainbow, dispite the obvious reference to you. then again I prefer anything that pushes thoughts to power/sex rather than to rainbows. not that you arent both sexy/powerful, but here we are supposed to be asking questions to which we dont already know your answers. which reminds me, do you think that if we were isolated on some island at the end of the colored arc, beyond the point where there be dragons, that we would have been able to do away with this poor form of communication-language? do you believe AV, that telepathy would have been and would still be the mode of communication most used if we had not been told um, no, dear, that just wont do? all that picking up the phone before it rings is too too not to be just a glimmer of what we could be. if we just thought more.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

which drink would you say has had the most influence on literature? i'm positing coffee but i'm biased

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

In response to Ilene

I fear that if telepathy became the new trendy form of communication my life would unravel to the tune of

Alex�s nameless friend: So you wanna go get a drink

Alex: Is it ok to punch people who scratch my Pat Benetar CD?

ANF: I was just being friendly.

A: Me too.

Also I think that body language would go by the wayside and everyone would slouch too much

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

In response to Grims

I think that water has had the most effect on literature followed closely by fraternity grade jungle juice

keep the question a comin'

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

If you knew the world was going to end tomorrow afternoon what would you have for breakfast?

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

P***y