Poetry Challenge : Forum : Something Different

[reply] [quote]

Something Different

9 Years Ago

I have a challenge for you, poets... A wise mind and I came up with this poem(poem?) here. Her contribution is italicized, mine is not. I'd like you to continue the flow of ideas here; adhere to the writing style and write meaningfully. If you'd like, edit the text to distinguish it as your own piece(i.e Make it red, or underline it). Good luck! I'll eventually put it all together, edit it as a whole(with your approval) and re-post the results. I don't imagine i'll need to edit it.

But for what reason should I have to submerge myself into vulnerability - you - when alone I can turn starry nights into dying lights and summon thunderstorms with the snap of my fingers?

I simply lust for company; although you only impair my vision with fractions of beauty and disaster, and I am left unable to distinguish one from the other, I am comfortable in living beyond the boundaries of norm. Held captive by an angel who basks in flesh, my flesh rots in eternal paradise.

And yet - I can no longer suppress the urge to set sail into your being, there is a fatal attraction here. I see tidal waves and lightning bolts, and blood in the water.. your beauty is disaster, and I am lost in it.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Something Different

9 Years Ago

[reply] [quote]

9 Years Ago

[reply] [quote]

9 Years Ago

rocked and tossed and tipped with the storm -- there is nothing I can do but surrender to the undertow, or drown inside this ocean that surrounds the you and me, salty tears of yesterday that fill today's history with doubt -- treading water, I take your hand, and swim to shore ...

[reply] [quote]

9 Years Ago

I think with KLGoode's piece we can draw this to an end -

Would anyone like to complete the circle? 
[reply] [quote]

9 Years Ago

How To Say I Love You