Publish Central! : Forum : $$$$$$

[reply] [quote]

$$$$$$

14 Years Ago

i really want to publish my book of poetry (nnot the best genre) but since the econmy is pretty bad Im not the ritchist person and neither are my parents :  (     anyone got an estimate on how much publishing will cost?
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Nothing worth having happens quickly.  It will cost between 700.00 and 1200.00 to do self publishing depending on where you go.  Keep in mind there is A LOT of poetry out there.  People seem to write poetry more than to taken the time to write a book.  If you can write poetry, you can write prose. 

Even if you go with a POD like PublishAmerica...you don't have to pay to have it published, however you only make .08 on the dollar and only get paid twice a year.  Your best bet is to hone in on a genre and give it your best.  Only the best of the best wind up making it onto the market. 

You might want to try your poetry out on an audience.  There are many places that have open mic nights for poetry.  there are coffee shops, etc. also that will allow writers to share their writing. 

Writing is not a fast buck.  Never has been.  There are places on the internet that are looking for people to write articles, etc and those will pay.  Again, not alot in the beginning, but poetry isn't going to make you rich.  People don't write poetry for the money...they do so for their soul.