Romantics : Forum : Love

[reply] [quote]

Love

17 Years Ago

What is it about love that makes it the #1 subject of poetry? It seems that humans are creatures of love, cannot help loving, being loved, writing, speaking, and acting with love. Romantic poetry reflects this most beautiful aspect of humanity, allowing us to distance ourselves from the pain and heartache of this world by reveling in close companionship with the one you hold dear.

My hope is that this group will become a haven. What do you think about love? Feel free to respond.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I think love is undefined. It is different for each person in a multitude of ways. In my short life on this earth so far, I've come to realize that love is unsettable, and the state of misdirection does not spare the sword. I've lost a love because of my indecisiveness... Problem is, she doesn't even know it. How tragic is that?
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Loving so dearly
can be a great test
as poets along the ages
sing in rage and in jest
to love is to live
and to lose is to die
love defies explanation
there is no how or why
but what of myself?
have I loved as any other?
the truest love I have ever felt
is as that of a mother.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I have recentley entered a relationship with a girl who didnt belive in love.

Love is one of the only things i do belive in, so i was quite upset to hear her view on it.

however, a month into out relationship, and she declared that she loved me!

i already knew that i loved her, as i belive that love is somthing you feel toward anyone you care about, but my love for her grows with each day, as, she says, hers does towards me.

Love, i belive is such a widely used subjects for writters, because it enfasises every feeling humans have, in different ways, at diferent times, and, i belive it is the reason for us to live.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

That's so sweet Jacob, congrats!
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I think to love is to be human, humans are love driven creatures. When people lose sight of that, they lose their happiness. Love is certainly my drive, and probably why most of my poetry is love and why I started a group about love poetry.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I write of love because of the desire to attain it, rather than the attainment itself. After that, it is writing about happiness, and it's achievments. When it is over, it is the loss and the learning. For others, it goes too deep, they get wrapped up, and instead write of the despair and anguish. Love shouldn't be like that, because it was something good and is never lost. Despair is the last thing you should feel as long as the memories are true.

It's too bad that I am sad of it, heh.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

My two cents worth. ::biggrin::

Love is something that facinates and bemuses everyone. If you have never loved, you wonder if you have. If you have loved someone then you try to explain what it is and how it feels. If you have lost a love then you try to explain what it feels like to have loved and lost.

Humans are all social creatures, even if some of us aren't as outgoing as others. We all want to love and be loved in return. It's something that is instilled in us as babies. Every baby wants to be held and by it's mother and spoken to soflty and to feel safe and secure and loved. As we grow it's the same, we want to feel safe, secure and loved, but the type of love changes. You want a companion to love as you grow older. Then when you have children there's a different type of love that you give them. It's unconditional, but often heartbreaking as they don't understand.

Anyways, just my two cents worth. hehe
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Love is just the strongest and most complicated feeling out there, and people are just trying to find a way to define it.

At least that's my opinion.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I would agree that love is probably the strongest of emotions. However, I don't believe it's complicated at all...or at least it shouldn't be. I think we choose to complicate it. I don't think humans can handle love in it's true, pure form. We throw selfishness into it, expectations, assumptions, doubt, and fear (just to name a few). What happened to sacrifice, selflessness, confidence, and trust (again, to name just a few)? I could never come up with an explanation for love....not with my feeble human mind. Sure I can tell you what I think it is and why I think that, but Love is a personal thing to every individual. The "language of love" has disipated over time...clouded by our own attempts to define it and fit it into a box that is universal to everyone..

*My 3 cents...for what it's worth*
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Love is certainly my driving force as well.
I have been looking for my soul mate since I was a little girl,
but it took me years of sorrow and the pain of life itself
and wisdom gained through things I have yet to fully encompass
that true love is a rarity, and one's soul mate will be there when you least expect it and are not looking.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Love to me...well doesn't exist. Well, it does rarely and a lot of times in story books. Which is what we write I guess. In the real world, for me, it's hard to feel love unless your willing to get hurt. Which I'm not.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

The best way to avoid a romantic relationship that ends in hurt is not to begin one until you know it's going to work out.

So often people don't get the time to know each other before they begin kissing, etc. All of a sudden they are so involved in someone they just met...

Then, when one of the persons in the relationship realizes that they aren't meant to be together, they pull apart in a terrible way, and it leads to hurt.

The lesson? Don't get attached until you're sure of the person. Then you'll have true love.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Love is the force which ultimately drives our existance. It is not the absense of hate, but the understanding of all that was and is and can be. Without love, the human race could not survive.

Great topic, Ben.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Love is something.
Humans have tired to explain it, fore if we do perhaps then we can hold on to. Unlike science, where researches attempt to find answers to questions that can be explained, love can not be explained. Much like religion - science does not seek to explain the supernatural or the unexplainable, only those things which might be able to be explained. Thus, as poets, as writers, as the reader, we write from which we have an understanding and experience in hopes that someone else has too. If someone connects then maybe, just maybe we are justified in our feelings, we have proof, that what is we felt, is real, it is not just something...it may not be explained like a scientific proof, but we find comfort in knowing that within the human experience there are others that have felt this too.

Two of my most recent poems explore my personal experiences with love:
Celebration Alone
Memorial of Love
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

::biggrin:: [color=indigo][/color]I thought this was great I LOVED it
I think everyone runs off of love but have different ways of showing it
Some are affraid of admitting it and others are scared to beleive that it really exsist
No matter what, nobody can hide from what they feel inside
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
T
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Love is such a wonderful emotion...but it comes in so many forms...the love for your child...the love of a friend....but ahhh you mix love and desire...