Romantics : Forum : Question for guys

[reply] [quote]

Question for guys

11 Years Ago

if you could write a letter to a girl that you've been madly in love with for forever, but didn't send it, what would you say? I'm not looking for sexual things. sensitive things. this is for a part in one of my stories where my female character finds an unsent stash of love letters to her. He is the "perfect" guy who cares deeply about her, and wants her to trust him, but she's hesitant. So, there's the question. What would you say?
[reply] [quote]

Re: Question for guys

11 Years Ago

I'd be happy to help you with that question, if you're still interested.  (I'm a guy.)  But I wonder if you could tell me a little more first.  Did the man not send the letters because he was afraid she would reject him?  Because he was ashamed of the letters?  For some other reason?  Were they in regular contact with each other when he wrote the letters, or was he writing them to someone he hadn't seen in a long time?  Does he know why she's hesitant, and does he know that she understands his feelings already when he writes the letters?  I can think of a number of different things I might say in the letters depending on which of those situations it is.   Also--maybe this sounds trivial--but how old was he when he wrote the letters?  To me, writing a love letter at 45 is a little bit different from writing it at 25.    Best, Will1963