Scary Story Writers Group : Forum : Would you read my serial novel..

Would you read my serial novel if I posted it up?

16 Years Ago

Hi all, my name's Kody Boye if you don't already know me. I'm a horror writer and quite recently I've been working on a serial novel called LAMIA.

I was just wondering, if I posted it up on WritersCafe if any of you all would read it. The chapter lengths very from chapter to chapter, but each one is only a few pages long.

I can't offer much of a teaser here because there's MAJOR mature content, but I can give you a little insight into it. Lamia is a serial novel that combines horror and a mythological creature that many people might not know about: the Lamia. The Lamia is a seducer of men who lures them into the water and then kills them...

That's the mythological definition of the creature, my definition?: Pure evil, kills without mercy, very seductive.

I'd like to hear your opinions about it. If you want to read it I can't start posting it up chapter by chapter.

Thanks,

~Kody Boye

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Post it! I will read it! (I can be slow sometimes though...so be patient) (A slow reader that is! LOL)
I've never heard of this creature...Im very interested. I love that stuff! Hey, do you watch the tv show "Supernatural"??? I love the different creatures and such they come up with.
I myself am about to write more about my VaLynx...(half vampire half Lynx)

Anyways, start posting Kody!

Chrissy
;)

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

All righty, I'll post it up on my profile and on here every week. I have an image that was created (though not by me!) that I can post up, but I need to get the thumbs up from the artist. I'll let you all know.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

The prologue is now up: Go to my page for details.

From my homepage:

About: LAMIA is my new serial novel featuring a creature that not many people know about. The Lamia is a sea creature that lures the men into the water with her beautiful songs.

No, she's not a mermaid.

She's much worse.

Mermaid Cove, California; it's a nice place to go on vacation or to just get away for a while. Its beach spans several miles of the shoreline and its town is well known for the flower fesitvals and parades they put on year round.

Aaron Ashbrooke is down at the beach the day when he sees a woman rise out of the water. She's beautiful, she's lovely, she's everything he could ever want in a woman after the recent death of his wife. But when things start to go a little farther than a friendly erection, she shows him something that he hadn't expected...

Her razor sharp teeth...

That she wants to kill him with.

More Info:

You all here can read it on WritersCafe bit by bit as I post it up. I'll be posting up a chapter a week so everyone can keep up with the pace. You can also visit the website at WWW.FREEWEBS.COM/LAMIASERIALNOVEL (remove capitalization) and find all of the chapters in the correct order, which open up in a new window and link directly back here to WritersCafe. Please comment while you read, and if you like it enough, subscribe and watch for each chapter as it comes out. Recommend it to other people as well and help me get some more attention to my writing. Christian Dovel of WWW.FREEWEBS.COM/DOVEL100 (remove caps) created the wonderful image for LAMIA, so please visit his website and maybe even email him your thoughts on his art.

Thank you,

~Kody Boye

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Have read your beginning and will continue to read ::smile::

Keep up the good, entertaining work!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Sorry, I wish they would enable email replies.

Thanks Victor. Yeah, I've got about thirty chapters around that or varying lengths written, so there will be much more to come...

Thanks for reading!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

First thought of undines, but by your description, a totally different ami,al, as they say! Will have to check out your profile for the first bit, post haste-- ah, but then I might expect you to read mine when I start posting it!!