Scary Story Writers Group : Forum : Shameless Bid for Attention

Shameless Bid for Attention

16 Years Ago

Alright, I am a newbie here, I admit it. First, very glad to be invited to the place, and mondo thanks! Secondly, I am making my way very slowly through the members list and reading some very good stuff! So yeh, I've thrown caution to the winds, as I often do, and decided to post the prologue to a Victorian horror/science fiction/supernatural story I'm still editing. It's a twisted tale with some infrequent gore, and some mystery I suppose. The first chapter is probably the longest and hardest to get through, I think-- prosey Vic 'journal entry' and not easy reading for everyone. Also, sexual content if I should post more. In a nutshell-- there is a demonic cult, a tortured telepath, brutal sacrifices, Lovecraftian monsters, and the occasional blurt of Victorian sentimentality just for fun. And what would the Victorian era be without crossdressing?? It may not fit perfectly into the usual 'scary story' category, but I would like some critiques if you have the time. Pop over to my profile for a peek-- if I haven't already bored you with this post! Thanks!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Wow, tons of good elements here; Lovecraft is my favorite horror writer and his monsters are his best! I'm going to check it out.