Scary Story Writers Group : Forum : My Anthology

My Anthology

16 Years Ago

I'm working on writing and publishing my own anthology on Lulu.com. So far with only five stories it reaches to 41 pages. I'd like to get it to at least two hundred, hopefully even more. Right now it going to be a hardcover novel, I'll be including my novellas Night Terrors and The Witch's Den into it, as well as short stories Tea Time, When The Bell Tolls Midnight, Indiscretions and Visions of the Damned. Night Terrors hasn't been added to the book just yet due to the fact that it's still unfinished. I have it broken up into chapters here on WC for easier editing and reviewing purposes of the readers.

I'll be writing and posting more horror stories and such to be potentially added to the anthology. When they're up, I'd like some feedback from everyone and any constructive reviews to help get them perfect and ready for publication. The anthology is called "The Insane Asylum Inside My Head." Let me know what you think and if you'd at least glance at a book that has that kind of a title. Thanks guys!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hey Pauline, hope this goes well for you! If you need any help with anything (formatting, Lulu, etc.) I'll be more than happy to help. I could give a blurb if you wanted, not that my opinion would draw more readers, but it'd be better than nothing, right?

Anyway, do you plan on getting an ISBN for this? It'd make your book more visible to markets (the books that are registered with ISBN numbers go directly on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.com) and I've found that you won't sell a whole lot through Lulu most of the time, not that I have got an ISBN for anything on Lulu--as it's old writing and the novel is being looked at by a traditional publisher--but it seems to work better for people to order it off Amazon, B&N.com or through a Barnes and Noble bookstore.

Still, if you need any help, just ask!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Yeah I'm definately looking into getting an ISBN for both the hardcover and paperback. I want to make sure it's out for the general public because I know A LOT of people don't know about Lulu yet. I know I didn't until I started chatting it up Nickolaus. He's the one that pointed it out to me and I checked it out.

I want to see if someone would be willing to do an introduction for me, but that will come later toward the closing of the anthology. I still have many stories to write in order to make it the length that I want. Perhaps by then the person that I choose for the intro will have been able to read all the stories I plan on putting into it. That way they can get a feel for me as a writer and as a person. ::biggrin::

Who knows, maybe I'll have a couple of authors write a brief intro and I'll include them all into one piece. ::biggrin::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Ah, I see.

Well, if you need any help, just ask for it. You know where I am! ^_^