Scary Story Writers Group : Forum : YOUR SCARY STORY

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Drifter...you are into acting as well?
Kali, I definitely think you should go after your career when you get back! What bad timing on the movie!
The closest I've ever gotten to "entertainment" or the "stage" was let's see..I was in Grease in high school. And I was a dancer and did recitals for about 10 years. Man did I get stage fright as I got older!!! WHen I was between 8-10, it didnt occur to me, but as I got older I just got scared. I was too freaked out with hundreds of eyes on me!!!!!!!
Anyway, I prefer writing and Im more of a loner like a cat anyways. I hate the "party" scene and all the phony crap. Although you know, if I met Jensen or Luke and they fell in love with me, I guess I could deal with their lifestyle. I suppose. geez.

I never saw 300. Ill have to rent it. I always thought it looked good, just never got around to seeing it in theatres. Anyone see Vacancy with Luke and Kate? That was great!
As for JLH..Goldy is not a blond! She has golden brown hair. Think a soft brown with a hint of gold spun throughout.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Regarding the Hollywood idea:

A place of glamour is not a place for thrills and chills. True horror and terror comes elsewhere, provided by the creeps, done by the creeps, for the creeps. Its a bone-chilling concept, really.

Stories should not necessarily be torn apart either, I do agree with whoever said "they would not like to see their story dismembered into something like a s**t cake" (my take, for humor/and seriousness). Stories are usually to remain untainted. Wierd has a purpose.
Saw was one of these sorts of movies, (although not a story from page I don't think), I heard when the movie was first played, it was frightening.

The unknown should not be taken by an approach of an old face, a well-played actor or actress. Fresh casts create mystery more than a big-shot actor from hollywood.

Unless if you don't care and you make tons of money because of it, then why care right? They still tear the story apart!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Kali
Ha!! See! I'm not the only one with an ego complex ::biggrin::
Lena Headly's beautiful. I love her eyes, so expressive.

[quote=Drifter]I don't know if you've seen 300 but she plays King Leonidas's wife. Personally I think she's beautiful. Still, I think I'd rather go Stephen King-ish and play in my movie. Instead of the bit role I'd be the star lmao. ::cool:: No wonder my parents think I have a major ego. ::tongue::
[/quote]

Over inflated egos were meant to be squashed and kept in check since the early years. Just don't let the ego drive you with writing. You may have (or need) to eliminate those parts and tone down. Just saying. ::smile::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I've not done anything professionally, but I do like being in front of hundreds of people. Still, I think being seen on a television would demistify some of the mystery and questions I like to leave in my works. *shrugs* I remember my theatre teacher saying that "when you hear the words 'wouldn't it be cool if' to run like hell the other way. The more I think about it; it'd be more of an indy film with relative unknowns. Damnit you guys are making me give this some thought! lol.

As for the ego comment. I like to poke fun at myself and my family and whether I have an overly large ego... well that's for us to know. ::biggrin::

All in good fun.

D

Oh.. and I like Keanu but think Matt Damon is boring as hell. (Can't force myself to watch those Bourne whatchamacallits)

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

lol Drifter! Matt Damon is about as exciting as watching paint dry!

Ego? Hmmmm....I dont have a huge ego. Although I do have pretty high standards as far as people go and I demand to be treated a certain way..is that egotistical? ::confused::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

lol I think if we don't set high standards then we settle for much less. I've been known to do that from time to time, but I find it doesn't statisfy quite as well. Still, we have to be careful not to set the bar too high.

Disclaimer: Drifter is not saying this works for everyone. ::biggrin::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I think thats always been my problem. With people you almost have to expect the least, so that you dont get dissapointed, but I cant seem to do that, so I stick with animals. ::smile::
And reading...and writing....

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Sounds like me. I go out, I date, I have a good time... well I did until the past few months. Now I just focus on making money and writing/reading. I move out of this small town to finish my senior year of college on Saturday and I haven't felt like dating anyone. Of course it didn't help that I dated a girl whose father thought I had a nice a*s so he propositioned me for ten dollars. ::sleepy:: Lesson of the day: Do not date people who have very little in common with you.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

OMG! you poor guy! lol
what is your major?
Im ignoring the guy here at work thats yapping at me about veggies have brains.
help!~

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

lol I am an English Major, with a minor in either film or theatre. I also have a 2 year degree in business... but that bores the hell outta me. Veggies have brains? Eck! I've heard of soul food, now we have brain food! ::sleepy:: Okay yes, that was a poor attempt at humor. Anyway, I may get my masters in creative writing after I finish (only have 31 credit hours left) or move north. I want to live someplace like Salem. I doubt I'd make it in a big city, I like being able to walk outside in the nude if I get the urge.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I couldn't imagine any actors playing the part of my characters. I'm just not a big fan of a lot of the new up and comers now days. I'd love to bring back Price and have him play Daniel in my story "The Dying Season" but I really can't think of anyone that could do it now days.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Honestly I don't think I would end up selling the rights to my book. Assuming of course that I actually ever finish it and get it published...But, that's not the point. I would have a hard letting my baby get slaughtered as I've seen so many others do.
This is just a fun excercise for me. Trying to think of actors and actresses who look the part of my characters. I don't even think some of the actors I chose have that much talent, especially Jessica Alba. They just look right.
As for me saying I'd play my own leading role, well that's the ultimate in ego. I based a lot of Isabella's looks upon my own. ::drool::

And Vincent, who took me waaay too seriously about having an ego...lay off. ::mad:: Read my writing before you start to criticize it. I may not be the best, most polished writer here, but I can say this for certain - there is no large ego present in my writing. (Well, outside the fact that I look like one of my main characters heh) In the last few years I've found that having an ego actually helps me in life. Maybe that'll change again in the future, I'm still young, but right now ego is a good thing to have around. ::biggrin::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

lol I don't know if it's ego that causes us to write the characters with similar looks and personality to our own or just some new form of literary schizophrenia. Personally, I think it's therepeutic; I mean we're able to release some of the emotions that we can't in the "real" world. I base characters in a lot of my work off of some trait or physical attribute of myself; not because I think I'm the most appropriate person to take the part, but because I want to leave part of myself in the ink.

Oh and without pride and ego, we wouldn't push ourselves to excel and sharpen our craft to meet our own expectations.

D.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hey Kali--you're not alone! Goldy--(And I dont think I've really admitted this to anyone)--Goldy is ME.
Its not ego at all. Think about it. When we read..well, when I was younger-I dont anymore-but when you were a kid learning to read and all, didnt you always imagine that it was YOU having that adventure? When I was younger if I was bored or lonely, I read and immersed myself in that story/adventure. So now when I write..not always always, but usually, I am, in my minds eye, the main character. Its just easier to imagine. Like with my male characters...they're always an actor who fits the role in one way or another..it helps to write them and make them more real. You know?
Except for Razvan....He is totally a figment of my imagination. Ive never seen or met anyone like him. Does anyone else have a hard time using names of people they know in their stories? Like, I cant use Kim or Michael because they remind me of people in my past that suck. Unless ofcourse, they are a victim in one of my stories..hee hee. ::tongue::
Sorry,,,just babbling. But Dont worry kali. I think you are a excellent writer and having 'ego' or confidence in yourself is a great thing. If people want to think you're a b***h or whatever, let them. Nothing wrong with being proud of yourself, your looks or your talents. If we dont appreciate ourselves, noone will. Right?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I've always put myself in stories I read...still do really.

And I will admit to writing myself into a lot of my stories...or parts of me. Isabella is the only one that looks like me though. That cold b***h Sophie in the Midnight story...yeah...all me. I said..."what would I do?" And that's what I wrote. And to be honest, all the other characters I ripped off from my friends...just changed their names. I can't bring myself to use the names of people I know. It's like some kind of weird mental block.

Although if I ever write something where a chick gets torn to shreds I write every detail..look for the name Heather...or Anna...or Sarah...or Ginger...or well you get the point. ::mad::

next Next Page
last Last Page