Scenarios : Forum : Scenario 1

[reply] [quote]

Scenario 1

11 Years Ago

You find yourself stranded in the middle of a forest. It's getting dark, and the night is too cold to withstand without leaving yourself vulnerable to any creatures that may dwell within. The forest has a lot of vines and underbrush. You have a notebook with 300 pages of paper, three pens, one flashlight, a stick of dynamite, A hunting knife, 3,000 toothpicks, a machete, and a cigarette lighter. How do you fortify yourself for the night? You know that help will arrive at noon tomorrow.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Scenario 1

11 Years Ago

First, I would dig a deep hole, then light the dynamite and place it in the hole. The blast would create a large hole. I would then harvest many sticks with my machete and create a "door" to cover the hole. I would then harvest vines to hold the sticks together. The hole will be my shelter. I would then get a lot of underbrush and leaves to put in the shelter to maximize it's comfort. After that, a little ways away from my shelter, I'd find a spot and place underbrush all around it. I would put a few pieces of paper on top of the underbrush. I would then put about 500 tooth picks at the bottom and place some sticks too, as well as crumbling up some paper and placing them in and around the toothpicks. I would then take another piece of paper, but then light it on fire and place it on the pile of stuff. I would care for the fire until it was a good size to keep me warm. After this, it would be dark, so I'd use some vines to hold my flashlight to a tree a turn it on (to keep some of the creatures away). Then it would be time for bed. When I woke up and it was morning, I would climb the tallest tree and go near to top and wait for help to arrive.