Serious, Mature Horror Writers : Forum : Introduce Yourself.

[reply] [quote]

Introduce Yourself.

17 Years Ago

I'd like to just go around the room here and get the names of everyone. I'll start.

Hi, My name is Eric and I'm an alco....oh, wait! Wrong group.

Yeah, so I'm Eric. I'm a horror writer, very much influenced by the work of Stephen King, Thomas Harris, Andrew Vachss, Cornwell, and I get some of my satire from my girlfriend's Evanovich collection.

My biggest goal is to continue creating work that isn't quite like anyone else's. I want to do what no one else has done or is doing. I don't apologize for the way I write or the subject matter I cover. That's about all for me. How about everyone else?
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Hi. I'm Shadow. I've been writing Gothic poetry and prose for as long as I can remember. I fell in love with Poe's THE RAVEN, and Ann Radcliffe's THE MYSTERIES OF UDOLPHO. I love classical literature and the Gothic elements in the majority of the works from before 1910. I write in relatively similar styles to that time, using the same fears that have remained in the mainstream since then.

Yea. That's it. Oh, and I'm 18. Live in London. Applying to university to do English and Creative Writing with a major stress on the literature before 1900. Yea. That's my life.

[reply] [quote]

Re: Introduce Yourself.

13 Years Ago

Well, mature is always debatable, but I'm definitely trying to be serious about writing.  

I live in San Antonio with my wife and kids.  At a young, impressionable age I fell in love with the fantasy/weird tale/horror stories of Lovecraft, Howard, Clark Ashton Smith, Robert Bloch and others.  I blame Lin Carter and the Balantine Adult Fantasy series and a certain professor from Oxford for the addiction.  I have gone through a King phase, a Clive Barker phase, and presently read Neil Gaiman and Caitlin R. Kiernan.

I've got a few short stories rattling around, various drafts of a trilogy based in an alternate U.S. that spans roughly 100 years, and a recently completed screen play for a short film that I didn't get completed in time for this year's H.P. Lovecraft film festival in Portland (sadly, it appears to be the last year of the festival in Portland).   
[reply] [quote]

Re: Introduce Yourself.

6 Years Ago

Hi I'm Zak, I come from the United Kingdom, West Yorkshire to be precise. I can write horror stuff, like gruesome stuff, therefore I thought this group would be a good group to join in because this is what I am somewhat good at. I am thirteen and I can get into the proper s***s we talking very graphic, pure disgust etc.