Simply Writers : Forum : MAIl

[reply] [quote]

MAIl

12 Years Ago

August 28, 2011

Hello everyone. I just wanted to inform you that I will begin featuring books when we hit around 75 members, that way the author will have a better chance at being reviewed. Please invite your friends to this group via invite button. 
The purpose of this group is to help you get the reviews you need for your work. Every few days, a new piece will be featured, giving you the opportunity to review it. The Author of the featured piece will pick the review that helped him/her best and tell me, Shelbylugal. I will then contact that reviewer and have them tell me a piece they want featured the next day. The cycle continues every 3 days. 
When you write a review for someone, put SIMPLY WRITERS GROUP at the bottom of your review so the author knows which reviews are from the group. Also, I ask for everyone in the group to submit one piece of writing in case they are chosen to be featured but I cannot get ahold of them.
Thank you again for joining and I will post this email in the forum section under MAIL incase you ever need to reread an email but have deleted it. 
[reply] [quote]

Re: MAIl

12 Years Ago

Originally posted by shelbylugal
August 28, 2011

Hello everyone. I just wanted to inform you that I will begin featuring books when we hit around 75 members, that way the author will have a better chance at being reviewed. Please invite your friends to this group via invite button. 
The purpose of this group is to help you get the reviews you need for your work. Every few days, a new piece will be featured, giving you the opportunity to review it. The Author of the featured piece will pick the review that helped him/her best and tell me, Shelbylugal. I will then contact that reviewer and have them tell me a piece they want featured the next day. The cycle continues every 3 days. 
When you write a review for someone, put SIMPLY WRITERS GROUP at the bottom of your review so the author knows which reviews are from the group. Also, I ask for everyone in the group to submit one piece of writing in case they are chosen to be featured but I cannot get ahold of them.
Thank you again for joining and I will post this email in the forum section under MAIL incase you ever need to reread an email but have deleted it. 

Does that first sentence mean that only books will be featured? I don't have a problem with that, I just want to clarify.
Also, I think this is a really great system you came up with to get reviews. Hopefully we'll hit 75 members soon! :)
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

Oh no, Everything will be featured; poems, short sotries, anything. I just said books to make it quicker
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

So is this group like abandoned? 112 members, nothing featured yet.
[reply] [quote]

Mail 2

12 Years Ago

September 2, 2011
Sorry everyone for the delay. School has been overwhelming and I have yet to 100% complete my first chapter that I'd like to use as the example piece. I should be done in a day or two and, when it is finished, I'll feature it and explain how to go about reviewing it. Then, after it's been featured for a few day's, I'll feature the next piece. So, like I said, it will be a couple more days. This group hasn't been abandoned as some have asked. See you in a couple days!

[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

September 6, 2011  
Hello everyone!! Ready for the first feature? I will begin with a piece of my own work for, something of an example piece. The feature is a chapter called DRIFTWOOD. It's VERY long so it's okay if you skim it and review what you thought about it. I hope you feel compelled to read all of it before reviewing though. When you are done reviewing, put SIMPLY WRITERS GROUP at the end of your review to show that you are in the group. In a few days, I'll choose who wrote the best review and then they will be featured next. So write your best review and I'll email you guys in a few days!:) Here's a link to the chapter.