So You're Writing a Novel : Forum : Welcome, Wilkommen, and bienve..

Welcome, Wilkommen, and bienvenue!

12 Years Ago

If you're here, it's because you have some sort of interest in novels.  Good for you!  Even if you have a great idea, writing a novel is not easy.  It takes MOUNTAINS of work, and hopefully, this group will lead you on the right path.

Re: Welcome, Wilkommen, and bienvenue!

12 Years Ago

I checked your story to make sure you could write...and you could! So I joined. I am looking forward to reading and offering tips and getting the same in return. I have a novel which I hope is close to being almost polished...at least as  much as I can do without professional help. So advice will be appreciated. Looking forward to this... :)

12 Years Ago

I'm working on a trilogy, starting with Rediscovery, which I've begun posting on writer's cafe. I hope to someday publish it once I get older and maybe out of high school. Being in his group could be really helpful to me, with the advice and such.

12 Years Ago

I've been writing on and off for years, mostly short stories, a few of which I've had published.  I'm working on my first novel, but my twin is a novelist, too, and I've assisted him with 4 of his (currently working on 5 and 6, one a sequel to two of the others and one something new - never let it be said that we only have one project going at a time), so I have a good idea of what is involved in the process.  I'm also doing the proofreading on an enormous tome of a fantasy novel written by a friend, because for some reason I LIKE that sort of work...

12 Years Ago

I'm really glad you guys decided to join!  Remember to check back on the forum here and the new writing, because I'm going to try and post stuff frequently. 

12 Years Ago

I'm writing a few books at the time, and I like the reviews, but I was kind of hoping for some sort of critique. 
-hopes this groups offers that-

12 Years Ago

Originally posted by Special Agent Fafa
I'm writing a few books at the time, and I like the reviews, but I was kind of hoping for some sort of critique. 

You're making a distinction between "review" and "critique."  What do you mean by each of these?  (Most people use the terms interchangeably, at least here.)

I'm hoping that this group offers more thorough feedback (by whatever name), too.

12 Years Ago

Originally posted by Weaver
Originally posted by Special Agent Fafa

You're making a distinction between "review" and "critique."  What do you mean by each of these?  (Most people use the terms interchangeably, at least here.)

I'm hoping that this group offers more thorough feedback (by whatever name), too.

A review, for me, is just someone saying 'Oh, I liked it' and critique is some serious thought and corrections pointed out. At least, that's how I've always thought of them.

12 Years Ago

Hey there :) I'm writing a book called "Everlasting One". I really would like some reviews on it if anyone wouldn't mind reading it. Thanks so much!

~Lizzard~

12 Years Ago

I really want to write a novel and I've been trying for like ever and I can never seem to get it right. I need help PLEASE!!!

12 Years Ago

Originally posted by R.A. Hane
I really want to write a novel and I've been trying for like ever and I can never seem to get it right. I need help PLEASE!!!

What kind of help?  What aspect of writing it is causing you trouble?  Do you get stuck after a few chapters because you don't know where the plot is going?  Are the characters being uncooperative? Do you just run out of interest at a certain point? 

12 Years Ago

Hi everyone! I'm writing this novel called "Evan's Heart" ...I have the prologue and first two chapters up...would anyone mind reading it? :) Thanks!!

12 Years Ago

Hey there everyone. I might not be the most skilled writer. That's partly due to the fact that I got no further than 9th grade english(due to other complications that arose I never finished highschool, got a GED instead). Right now I'm in the character develpment stage of a book I plan to write. I'll post up some character notes I've been taking and whatnot under my own writing. Feel free to browse once I do and tell me how amazing I am, or how much I suck and just need to scrap the idea of a book algether, or anywhere in between. Once I get all the pre-book writing done and get into the actual proccess of putting chapters together, I'll be sure to post up on the group page for some good critisism.