Spoiler Cafe : Forum : help?

help?

13 Years Ago

Okay, someone needs to tell me how to keep from losing paragraph breaks in posts here, because I just tried to post my synopsis of my novel - all 2000 words of it (the synopsis, not the novel) - and it came out as a big, unreadable mess because all my line breaks disappeared.  This has happened many times before, but this time I really, really need to fix it...  Please help!   I typed it in Word, then copied and pasted to the group forum.  Nor did it help to quote a previous post in the thread - in this case, my own post where I say that I'm working on a synopsis - and add the new post after that.   Any suggestions?  

Re: help?

13 Years Ago

huh. i don't know. i havn't had that problem. maybe its ur browser? which browser do u use?

Re: help?

13 Years Ago

I use Explorer.  I've been told that it is actually some kind of problem with this site - Word uses HTML, and that doesn't get transferred, so anything like paragraph breaks, italics, etc., gets left out.  Not that that happens every time here, just most of the time for forum posts.  That's part of why it's frustrating - it doesn't happen all the time, and I'm trying to figure out what the difference is.