Story Collaborating : Forum : Welcome!

Welcome! - First Story Collaboration

8 Years Ago

Hello! :) Welcome to Story Collaborating Forum #1

Rules:
1. Please don't post other threads without my permission. If you want to post to start a new story, message me. You can only post a new story once the first one is finished. I will post a General Posting where you can chat. :)

2. No inappropriate themes, no bad words, no horror, romance, or gruesome scenes.

3. Be polite.

4. Don't make your part too long or no one else with have a chance with the plot! I ask you that at the most will be two paragraphs. If you have the utter-most urge to write just a bit more, go ahead! :)

5. You can't take a turn twice in a row.

6. If you don't want to collaborate with many people but only 1 - 4, message me and if you can't find someone in the group willing to collaborate, I will ask some people and invite them to the group and pair you up. If you do this, this story may go on while the group story is. If you want to jump in, message me. It will be called Private Paired Collaboration, and the person who started it gets to do the beginning of the story.

7. Have fun! (not prerequisite, but highly recommended! :)

Re: Welcome!

8 Years Ago

Feel free to continue the story any way you like! :) Once the story is finished, I will post it as a collaboration book. XD

I looked below me, at the threatening rope wobbling with every move. I shivered. The people below me were watching with awe, some with their hands to their mouths. My sister looked at me, crossing her fingers and gritting her teeth. I blinked rapidly, spread out my arms and walked a few steps across the rope. "Robber! Robber!" a woman screeched. I gasped, losing my balance and fell.

8 Years Ago

The screams of the spectators and whistles of the police officers filled my ears as I fell. I could see none of the commotion though, the ground to my back, and could only slightly process the fact that I was now falling through the empty air. My attention was riveted on the thin rope, where I was supposed to be standing, as it got further and further away from me. Had we been using a safety net or not? For a terrifying second, I couldn't recall.

8 Years Ago

"Leya!!" a voice screamed. "Leya!!"

It was Kali, my sister. I flailed my arms, hoping that somehow, miraculously I could find something to grab hold to. I thought I would've hit the ground by now. But no; Mr. Jamey had put the rope up higher, confident in me, although I had never been confident in myself. I turned my head to look down. Where was Kali? Then I saw. She was scrambling up the ladder to the trapeze and swung down with the rope. A man above saw the commotion, and let the rope dangle longer. Kali grabbed my leg within seconds before I could hit the floor. I blacked out.

8 Years Ago

"Leya, Leya, wake up. You took quite a tumble there."
 I looked up and saw my uncle Lenny and his daughter Penny.
"What's going on?"  I asked, "Where am I?"
 "At Mercy Medical." answered Penny. "You tripped and hit your head pretty good."
I looked at her with a puzzled look on my face.
"No, no, I was on the rope, slipped, and was falling. I can see it all so clearly. My sister was there too."
 Lenny looked at me rather strangely, "Leya, you don't have a sister."

8 Years Ago

"Kali,' I whispered, suddenly scared. I was so sure I had just been on a rope high above the ground Kali was watching me from below. I had slipped and had saved me. I knew I had a sister.
"What about my mum and dad, are they here?" Maybe they could help me.
Uncle Lenny looked at me with a sad expression.
"Sweeties, your parents died when you were young, me and Aunty Lily look after you."
I could feel my face going pale. I had had breakfast with my parents and Kali just before I had attempted the trapeze, I knew I had.
What was happening to me?

8 Years Ago

"Leya, there you are,"  Penny chirped like a little bird. "Thought we had lost you again."
 The doctor says you had a little setback. But you're tuff Leya, I knew you'd come through.
I looked up at this stranger and wondered, who is this person, and why does she keep calling me Leya? 
 "Who are you?" I asked, and where am I?"
"Oh Leya," laughed Penny, "you're so funny sometimes. I've already told you where you are a hundred times, and I'm not telling again."
"Look lady," I said, "I don't know who you think I am, or perceive that I am, but I sure the heck ain't no Leya."
  "Oh yes you are," she replied. "Now you're just being silly."
I looked at her as seriously as I could and told her my name was John, and that I was from Minnesota. 
 "Oh just stop it Leya, you're starting to creep me out."

8 Years Ago

The girls eyes flickered back to my supposed "uncle." What was the look passed between them? Concern? Guilt? What was going on here? Suddenly, I didn't feel safe lying in this hospital room, or wherever I was. I couldn't be sure they were telling the truth about that. I started to rise but found my arm was hooked up to an IV. I punched the button for the nurse. Nothing seemed right there and I had to figure out what was going on.