Story Craft : Forum : Welcome to recent members &..

Welcome to recent members & reminder to old!

16 Years Ago

Although I have not been very active over the last few months due to work, SCG has been growing slowly in membership. I wanted to say welcome to the newest members of SCG! Well come!

A little reminder about the purpose of this group ... Story Craft discussion or discussing our various perspectives on the art of crafting stories.

SC doesn't necessarily mean your ability to write shorts, novellas, or novels. No, it is about developing the ability to tell a story, take the reader through a journey of thought to a conclusion of the writer's making. Writing for public dissimentation is afterall a form of entertainment. Draw your readers into your story, however short or long, and let them come away from it with something of your perspective as a writer.

Another valid point to make is criticism for improvement of the writing ... not criticism of the content. You may disagree with the content, which is fine, but look at the writing. Does the writing make sense? Is it cogent? Is it relative? Is it English? ... well, if you are writing in English, that is. Does it express the story well? Did the story logically take the reader through to the point? Methodology of accomplishing that will vary as varied as there are writers, but did the intent of the writing come across clearly? Things like these make for good story telling; therefore, story crafting done well.

Well, I will quit here. I do wish to encourage you, the writer, to get involved with SCG to learn, to express your perspective, to give honest feedback, to ask good questions about the processes.

Cheers! Keep wirting!
Doc.