Struggling Writers Group : Forum : Publishing Avenues

[reply] [quote]

Publishing Avenues

15 Years Ago

Has anyone tried Lulu or CreateSpace to publish their books?  I have used both and would love to talk to other people that have either done that as well or are considering it.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

hiya, Melissa, I posted some work there, and never got a response.  But I met a woman speaker who eventually got published by a big New York publishing house just by the chance that one of the publishers checked her book out from lulu.  The sky is the limit. 

I took my post off, but might bring it back.  I want to have more writing done so I can do such however.

----mishel =)

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I have published two books on Lulu and found their quality to be good but their prices to be a little high.  I joined some groups on there but haven't gotten any revenue from it.  I switched them both to CreateSpace by Amazon and they give you an ISBN number and also market your book on their site.  Their prices are lower and the quality is great.  If you need any help, just let me know!

Melissa
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I haven't done any publishing yet. The farthest I've gotten with that is a poem or to in the newspaper. I haven't finished any novels yet, but I don't think I'll be going through personal publishers like CreateSpace and such. It'll be a bit harder for me, what with agents and editors and high stacks of rejection letters, but I think I'm strong enough for it.

Though, if ends meet and I can scrounge up enough money for a personal publisher, which would you say is the best? I haven't had the chance to look into it too much.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Lulu is great for first timers as they accept all different kinds of document types (word, pdf, etc...) and you can see your book actually in print.  This is helpful for self criticism and whatnot.  Also, if your book has art, it will let you see the impact it has.  Createspace is almost the same but it only accepts documents in pdf.  They are less expensive, though, and if you find an avenue to sell your books locally, as I have, it allows you to buy in bulk.  I wish I had time to go through a regular publisher but I've tried that avenue and it just takes up a huge chunk of daylight!  Anyway, good luck all and keep writing!