Subscribers To Tl Boehm (jus' Tammy) : Forum : Welcome to the Scrawl of the R..

[reply] [quote]

Welcome to the Scrawl of the Riled

16 Years Ago

I suppose there is a certain amount of elitist egotistical self gratification operating within my cranium....but for the most part - I just want to be read without flooding my fellow writers read requests or email files....I really hope this works or I will be feeling silly....and lonely.....

peace and welcome

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I, for one, will always read your work!  It's the best!

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Thanks so much Dezaraye. Because I don't get to post daily - and when I do get to post new material - I usually post several pieces - I'm not comfortable sending out six or seven read requests at a time. So I hope the group will help me recieve feedback - and also give me the opportunity to visit other friends who are active but don't send requests.

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I'm part of the movement to end blanket read requests and this is my personal testimony.

Creating a group dedicated to your writing and inviting your true readers to join does exactly that, it controls by selection the amount of people who will receive notification of posted work. There can be no hard feelings from those who recieve the emails because the purpose of them joining is so that they will recieve notification of your work, THEM AND ONLY THEM. And the email isn't a read request, those things seem more like advertisments to me, its a heads up as to what you've recently finished and submitted to WC.

The results are great. I now I'm free to read the work I want to, when I want to and I usually read the work of the people who are part of my group first as I only invite people whose work I like to read.

You can also choose to display a piece of your memebers work to so your other members can be familure with work you like other than your own.

I started a forum topic on my web site entitled, "Tell it to your group not your friends" its more of self quote than a topic because its leaves little to discuss. I your tired reviews are getting out of hand, if you've had to appologize due to the massive amounts of read requests, if reading is becoming more of a ungrateful job than a passionate way to use your time then this will work.

Dave 

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Present and accounted for! 
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I agree David. Sometimes logging onto the cafe can become more of a chore with all the read requests and it isn't right, it is not meant to be that way.  Starting these groups are a great way of getting to read friends, and writings without having to feel pressured into doing so.  I made one myself, but at first I thought it was a bit egotistical and didn't want to do it, but now I have I am glad because I no longer have to send out read requests and it is there if and when others want to read it. 
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

:)  You're always welcome, Tammy.  I like my read requests box, though, because everything is right there and I don't miss anything.  The only people who I get annoyed with are those that don't read my work in return.  Since you do, send away anyway you want!  I love your work!
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hello,

This is a good way of keeping things going and adverstising your stuff without flooding people's inboxes. I have to say yours is one of the most populous ones i've seen so you'll not be lonely here.

Wulfstan.