The Authors 3 : Forum : The Ridiculously Confusing DCT..

The Ridiculously Confusing DCT Timeline

6 Years Ago

Okay let's timeline this...
Here's what I thought. NOT SET IN STONE JUST A ROUGH OUTLINE.

At 13, Jay joins S.O.S. She gets her wings soon after
Next POV, the mechanical bird. She's eighteen or nineteen. Around there. I never specified.
The most recent Darkling POV, she's close to the same age as Mandy in the previous chapter, so twenty-four.
Wedding soon after, the twins are born within a year of the wedding.
When the twins are around fourteen/fifteen, they set off their separate ways.
At sixteen, Ciana loses soulmate because Kage loses his temper. By then Kage has a pretty good organization going and Ciana is part of the True Heroes.
Twins are seventeen. Ciana leading True Heroes and KageXShado a thing.
Twins are eighteen, BD people bust in and scramble things up a little.
During that time, Alex helps drive off Fortitudo, then takes over S.W.O.R.D. Incitatus/Karen becomes actually good and becomes his second in command. They are still in love.
Didn't get past that much, but Kage and Shado end up with shadow-powered villain babies at some point.

Again, not set in stone.

Re: The Ridiculously Confusing DCT Timeline

6 Years Ago

Nice title btw

The timeline Kato and Mad agreed on:
13- Kyndra discovers she has cancer and is almost immediately recruited by Seraphimbia
14- Kyndra discovers her siren powers and aquakinesis
(21- book three in bd happens)
25- Mandy is abducted by Darknight
     Kyndra and a few of her friends leave Seraphimbia, with severe consequences
     Kylara and Draike's first kid is two years old, which is why they leave her behind
     the CD/BD people come in

that was what we agreed on, at least a month ago

6 Years Ago

Okay so that matches up so far...
Ahhh Mad help we need a conversation between Mandy and Jay but I don't have the specifics of the situation...

6 Years Ago

That does not match up in the least way
Mad and I decided that Mandy was abducted at the ripe old age of 25

6 Years Ago

Yeah. . .
Which mean in the most recent Darkling chapter, Jay is twenty-four, because Jay is younger.
Please specify what isn't matching up. Be extremely specific. Because my brain isn't comprehending it.

6 Years Ago

the part where, in our timeline, the bd characters come in when our characters are 24-25, and in your timeline, the bd characters come in when our characters 42-43
that TINY LITTLE rift

6 Years Ago

um
well
I mean, in the BD Jarkling's oldest kid is fourteen when the cube is found, and there's at least a two-year period in which they could've visited that dimension, so they'd have to be at least late thirties.
Okay it doens't match up right um idk maybe the BD characters don't come until later. . . look I don't know I clearly wasn't thinking about the timelines being parallel when this came up.
Maybe BD people don't come to this timeline at all. . . it's turning out fine without outside involvement so far. . .

6 Years Ago

No, I want them to come in. I want Spar and Talon to meet, y'know, in this dimension, and I need to show the dark side of Seraphimbia, I keep glossing over it

6 Years Ago

Okay. . . . . . . . .um.
OH
Maybe they come in, yeah Kage and Ciana are fifteen but they haven't really branched out yet, but bd Jay+Dl showing up (with tagalong Nicko and Rae, not to mention everyone else) showing up inspires Ciana to form the True Heroes and Kage works up the courage to go out on his own.
And Ciana's soulmate can die after bd ppl leave too.
My brain finally accepted that I'm not always gonna get my way =)

6 Years Ago

did it really?

sorry for some reason i am feeling an extra ounce of saltiness and i dont know why

6 Years Ago

SALTY

6 Years Ago

did you see my other idea?