The Authors 3 : Forum : Catagorizing

Categorizing

5 Years Ago

So I saw this thing on a website (Villains Wiki) about basically all villains/etc ever to be in comics and movies or whatever. But they had this really interesting article-thing about categorizations. Stuff like anti-heroes and anti-villains on top of typical heroes and villains.

Copy-pasted from the article:
An Anti-Villain is the opposite of an Anti-Hero; while the anti-hero often fights on the side of good, but with selfish motives; the anti-villain plays a villain's game, but for a noble cause... at least in their eyes. They may be more noble or heroic than an anti-hero, but the means to achieve their ends are often considered exploitative, immoral, unjust, or just evil.

Sometimes, they may simply be a villain with gentlemanly qualities or with some sense of justice. Anti-villains will occasionally side with their rivals (usually the protagonist) if a greater threat than themselves comes or it's in both of their best interests. Often times, if they do join the protagonists, they are distrusted, but can get along and eventually redeem themselves.

I saw this and went OHMYGOSH IT'S DARKNIGHT

Re: Catagorizing

5 Years Ago

well a lot of characters
darknight, the crimson claw, some other superhero webcomic villains i've seen

(*psst* you spelled categorizing wrong)

5 Years Ago

I only noticed after I named the thread =D
And I'd say Fortitudo is kind of an anti-hero, using what he thinks are heroic means to his goal of world domination.

5 Years Ago

uh fartitudo is not an anti-hero
and I don't think that world-domination and his deep hatred is at all heroic he's a total villain

5 Years Ago

a villain disguised as a hero

does that make an anti-hero?

5 Years Ago

no batman is an anti-hero
good intentions, not-so-good actions

5 Years Ago

or an un-hero? heh

5 Years Ago

Nooo Kato
Batman is an anti-villain.
Good intentions with not-so-good ways to those intentions is anti-villain.
That's what the website says.

5 Years Ago

Jules, I know far more about this topic. Batman is the poster-child of antiheroes. Antiheroes are the definition of Batman. Google it.

5 Years Ago

UN-HEROES!

5 Years Ago

Jules, don't believe everything you read on the internet. Sometimes, people are wrong. Google the tree octopus.

5 Years Ago

THE SPACE NEEDLE FELL OVER AND ALIENS ARE INVADING

actually don't believe everything you hear there was clickbait and fake noose even before the internet

5 Years Ago

exactly

5 Years Ago

Sorry =P Yeah I think it's just that one site

5 Years Ago

yup