Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

The Briny Muse : Forum : Welcome New Members

[reply] [quote]

Welcome New Members

12 Years Ago

A warm welcome to everyone coming through the door. Quite a change from speaking only in reference to the poetic feel. We seem to be doing it ' face to face ' or as much as this world electronic set up ( suggested acronym - Witec) allows. My suggestion and proposal is simple - we learn when we teach - so this group hopes to achieve the ambition of bringing to everyone an honest review, based on a common group outlook. Such an outlook, seeks to help everyone grow with the benefit of the peer's experience, and is proposed to be set up by us in a discussion we may be undertaking hereafter. That's it for now. Outlook guidelines are expected to be as follows: 1. All views expressed at this site to be respected. 2. No right or wrong, only experiences in process  3. Aim - Encourage and cultivate creativity and individualization experiences. Let the doors open. Leave your comments at each visit.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Individualization

12 Years Ago

It appears to me that the individualization experience is basically ' gamesmanship.' Its a popular theory in management and is credited with much corporate success. However, this may be very different from personal success, where the personal refers to relationships that we create an endearment to.  The difference is critical and only those clear in their minds of the discernment between the two, avoid the usual pitfalls. Where neccessary one may create a committment to only one. Each of it, is as big as the world and anyone attempting to manage both at the same time is a circus juggler. One ought to link up with another to handle the other half.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Group Formation

12 Years Ago

4 stages in group formation - Forming, Storming, Norming and Role Playing. I believe we are at stage 3 Norming - an establishment of the basic guidelines of the group. We start with naming nicknames for everyone.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Nick Names

12 Years Ago

All nick names are named after beverages. I am Rum. Frank ( to join us ) will be Beer. Fallen Hero is ' Skol ' ( ale equivalent ). Craig is gin. Judy is Kahlua Cream. Please affirm your views and changes where necessary. Chris shall be known as ' The American' - an exception and relating to the physical world reality. We are waiting for others to affirm their participation. Members are free to suggest new names. We expect a total of 15 members only, at this time.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Two Cups

12 Years Ago

The two cups in any society are the pillars on which we divide our opposing qualities into some semblance of order. In our group, Chris ' The American ' is one such cup, rehabilitating from a long life and career to come back as a man of vision in society. We need another, a little wild and representing the qualities of the heart. It has to be a professional, not a bull in a China shop. I propose inviting,  'MissDa Madman.' His nick shall me an overall world concept and is accordingly named as ' The Pethicus.' Views welcomed.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Welcome New Members

12 Years Ago

As "The American", let me wish the other members of this group a "Good Morning" - regardless of the actual timelines inherent the their locations. 

Chris

[reply] [quote]

Re: Housekeeping

12 Years Ago

The Briny muse represents an aspect of our experiences in life, wherein we make an effort to work to achieve something rather than content ourselves with its mere expression. Salt, after all is from the sea and not the heavens above. I propose that all members reach out to all poets at site to affirm writings that create such a relation to our physical reality. Two exceptions. The ' gin ' has a masterful talent in the divinely 'etheric' and I expect that he would continue refining himself as the ' love ' poet. ' Skol ' is a bit of the fighting soldier and I expect he would continue that way. Its a bit of the peer thing and I think some of the kids at the site are reaching out for some guide. All views are welcomed.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Existing Individualization

12 Years Ago

An observation. This site ( Witec) functions in a curious way to link us in a relationship which is in a sense new. Some members have trouble dealing with it and I want to go over some salient points. ******* Our communication is electronic aka Witec, it is not physical. A physical relationship is based on ' face to face ' as you do in the neighborhood where you live. Pls. confine your communication to review and posting replies on the Forum, for now. In messaging, some members are coming to mix the physical and the electronic communication. Its creating a mix up, even in areas where the fundamentals of our relationship are already stable. ****** Your identity ( group name) is your identity in Briny Muse, Witec. Your identity in other groups may be different. Its a place to start. Check Chris ' The American's ' poetry for some help in understanding one's reality on the internet/WC.
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

Sri   I am departing this Group.  Other commitments and requirements preclude my continuing membership...  I apologize for any inconvenience that may ensue.  I wish you and all the others  continuing success.

Goodbye,
Chris
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

so what's my nick name? :P