The Briny Muse : Forum : Three Lives of the Individual

[reply] [quote]

Three Lives of the Individual

12 Years Ago

Indian texts refer to the 3 gunas as the building blocks of life. These are the qualities of Sattwa ( Purity ), Rajas ( Action ) and Tamas ( Denial ). What these texts also point to, albeit, a little subtly, is the fact that these three qualities also represent, virtually, three life forces in our existence. In applying these to the world today and by witnessing the considerable deliberation with which we hold on to our knowledge and beliefs, it is my opinion that the world itself is divided according to these three qualities, as much as these three divisions are represented in the human condition as Creative matter ( soul ), Heart qualities ( True Love ) and Mind ( reason ). In addition to what they bring to the human condition, the three combine to create the quality of the woman who can mysteriously collate these in her experience and live it on a daily basis. Its a hard act to follow. The team of Asclepius and Co. who brought these stories to us from the ancient world, ( including the Indian world ), are reported to have concluded their studies with the comment, ' women are mysterious.' Well bully for them.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Three Lives of the Individual

12 Years Ago

Women are mysterious and I for one am the better for  it As I meander the mind and wonder the endless corridors of their existence where did they come from?