The Dark Ones : Forum : Polls

Polls

16 Years Ago

Contests

What should our next contest be about?

Current Results

TDO Anthology

How many works should be included in the anthology?

Current Results

TDO Anthology

What should we name the anthology?

Current Results

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I was going to say 40-50 poems, but I supose it hinges on how many submissions there are and which ones feel right.

"The Dark Ones" seems an obvious choice for the title :)

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I think how many works you have in an anthology really depends on what you are putting in it. If it is all poetry, consider how many lines you want each poem to max out at. Then, you figure out how many pages you wish for the antho to be. You kind of have to do a little equating but for most poem anthos, you need quite a bit of them to make up an average size collection.

If you are looking at short stories, figure each story to be around 3K. 20 stories would put you at 60K words which is a good number for a short story anthology, give or take a couple of thousand words.

What I've always thought would be cool is to have a poem for each story. That would give you 20 poems and 20 stories if you went with the 3K a word short story concept.

Okay, I've gotten all technical here--sorry about that. Just looking at things from a logistics stand point.

AJ

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Logistics is always a good thing to listen to when you've got this kind of thing going on. :)

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I say go with A.J.'s suggestion. It sounds smart and reasonable. ::cool::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Im for going with the group name. Who are the finalists?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I guess naming the anthology would be a good idea as well. I say use the Group name: The Dark Ones makes sense to me.

AJ

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Ghosts will be our topic for the next contest. Any other specifics you guess would prefer, or shall I just go with the flow on it when I make the contest tomorrow? Also, please, vote for next months as well. We have all but one of the same topics. I just decided to change out the ghosts choice.