The Dragon's Den : Forum : Tell us about yourself

Tell us about yourself

15 Years Ago

Well... I think it's been long enough since I started this group and haven't done much with it. So I'm here now to learn more about you all. I would like to start off by asking you each to tell the group about yourself and your current writing projects (if any)

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Hi, I'm Rogue Daffodil and I'm pleased to make your acquaintance. At the moment, I'm writing two dark fantasy novels, one of which has the majority of my focus. That one is called 'Carnelian' and is very difficult for me to write. I am creating a whole new world with whole new set of universal laws, and it's just hard to keep the story flowing smoothly. It is a bit violent, but hopefully someone will like to read the first few chapters and offer some thoughts on it. It may take me a while, but I'll eventually get around to reviewing the work of the other group members. Anyway, thanks for allowing me this opportunity. Happy Writing.

~Rogue Daffodil~

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Nice to hear from you!
    I am currently working on an entire fantasy series of novels titled Deity Wars. The first set of books in the series are the novels I am working on at the moment. Deity Wars the Dark Reign is the first book of a trilogy.
    I too am creating an entire new world for the setting of my books including races, religions, histories for the kingdoms, secret and not-so-secret societies, many forms of magic, beasts, myths and legends for the different races and much more.
    I have The Dark Reign trilogy, and two other books, already somewhat planned out in my head, with the first book of The Dark Reign tilogy begun and in the midst of the third chapter.
    My book so far can be violent and soft. It has its exciting parts and its boring parts, but to those I have shown it to and allowed them to read it so far have told me that they enjoy the book so far and that they had difficulty putting it down once they began and that was just from chapter one.

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Okay, I'm Nazarea. And yes, that is my given name and pen name, not just a screen name. I'm a mother of two wonderful little girls. My husband is a great man, and he supports me completely, even let me quit my job to work on my novel. (I know, right. He's great.)

However, he doesn't read. Not fiction at least, and definetely not fantasy. Therefore he virtually never reads my work. (point in case, we've been married over three years and he hasn't read a short story. My brother-in-law and mother-in-law however read everything.)

Anyway, since I'm sure you aren't looking for my life story, I'll finish with this. I'm working on a fantasy trilogy. Its slow going, but I'm getting there. Reviews (and definetely critique) are always welcome. I'm slowly getting to reviewing other peoples work. Patience, if I add you to my reading list, I WILL eventually read and review.

Happy writing!

Nazarea~

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Nice to hear from you. I'll be looking forward to reading your material.

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Hi, I'm Jeanie aka J.A. Kelsen.  Like Rogue, I'm creating a world of my own with magic and monsters, some familiar and some totally my own creation.  The series I'm writing is called "A Changeling's Tale," and I've finished the first book in the series, "A Meddle of Wizards" and am nearly finished with the second.  There will be four books in the series.  It's kind of a blend of genres, fantasy with a little romance and lots of adventure and humor.  At least, I HOPE it's funny.  I've really enjoyed the people I've met at the Cafe, and I'm excited to be a part of this group.  I look forward to reading your stuff.

I think it's important to give constructive criticism, but I also try to be positive and supportive.  I have gotten some reviews on another site where the folks are just downright nasty, and that's not what I'm about.  Look forward to getting to know you.

Jeanie