The Group for anyone! : Forum : The Anti-Twilight

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Originally posted by Barefoot Pixie Dreamweaver

Hmm...I don't know...I don't love or hate Twilight. I've read them all, and it is very, very true that there are tons of better written books out there. But I think people shouldn't get so hyped up about it.
If you did not like it, okay, but is it really necessary to call the fans "retards"? At least they're reading, right? I don't get haters...=_=
If you liked it, please don't shove it down other people's throats. I mean, it's alright to recommend a book you like, but if it's not their interest, DON'T FORCE THEM. And don't resort to physical violence, please.

PS: I'm not talking to the general public here.

PPS: I laughed when I read your reasons, Lady Aerith, because I agree with so many of them. :D

(^_^)V
peace~
Barefoot Pixie Dreamweaver <3

Oh, oops... What I meant was "I'm talking to the general public here." ^_^;; Sorry, I forgot to check for mistakes. I wasn't accusing you of anything, Lady Aerith. :)
[reply] [quote]

Anti-Twilight Rant

15 Years Ago

Most of the reasons for why Twilight sucks seem to have been covered, though I didn't even make it past the first half of the book so I can't really comment on the plot itself.

What I REALLY hate about Twilight, and the main reason why I didn't bother to keep reading the book (if it can be called a book) is that it's so badly written. I've known high school kids that can write better than Stephanie Meyer. The books are written to appeal to teenagers and pre-teens, but are written at a grade-school level. It frustrated me so much that I just gave up on the book.

My second complaint is how overpopular the books are. The plotline itself is semi-unique (although there have been a multitude of vampire romances written long before Twilight, that were much better written and got not even a fraction of the fame or franchising), but there are so many better books out there. The Eragon series, for example, has a much better sotry and much better characters, yet is not nearly as well-known. 

Not to mention, pre-teen girls are going as wild over Edward as they are over the Jonas Brothers (who are also overrated, but that's another subject entirely). Robert Pattinson said that teenage girls camp out on the front of his property. Creepy and over-obsessive much? All this because he plays a character who was written, excuse my language, as a chauvinistic b*****d.

Twilight is a terrible book in many respects, and the beginning of a series that, from what I've heard, doesn't improve in quality.

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

What the hell do you mean "you've read better books written by high school kids" ? >:U
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Originally posted by Zephyr

Most of the reasons for why Twilight sucks seem to have been covered, though I didn't even make it past the first half of the book so I can't really comment on the plot itself.

What I REALLY hate about Twilight, and the main reason why I didn't bother to keep reading the book (if it can be called a book) is that it's so badly written. I've known high school kids that can write better than Stephanie Meyer. The books are written to appeal to teenagers and pre-teens, but are written at a grade-school level. It frustrated me so much that I just gave up on the book.

My second complaint is how overpopular the books are. The plotline itself is semi-unique (although there have been a multitude of vampire romances written long before Twilight, that were much better written and got not even a fraction of the fame or franchising), but there are so many better books out there. The Eragon series, for example, has a much better sotry and much better characters, yet is not nearly as well-known. 

Not to mention, pre-teen girls are going as wild over Edward as they are over the Jonas Brothers (who are also overrated, but that's another subject entirely). Robert Pattinson said that teenage girls camp out on the front of his property. Creepy and over-obsessive much? All this because he plays a character who was written, excuse my language, as a chauvinistic b*****d.

Twilight is a terrible book in many respects, and the beginning of a series that, from what I've heard, doesn't improve in quality.

As I mentioned before, WHAT THE HE~LL do you mean by "I've known high school kids that can write better than Stephanie Meyer" ?

The Eragon series was popular. For a good year or two. It's still pretty damned popular. In fact, its fourth piece is now - thank God - taking up shelves that were reserved for Twilight for the past six months.

Your rant sucks -_-

We should start a "Jonas Brothers suck" forum. There would be no need for pro-Jonas Brothers.

Also, Eragon was written just as, if not more, poorly than Twilight. I don't mean to offend, but Paolini forces opinions down his readers' throats and the imagery just isn't that fantastic. Then again, this is the anti-Twilight board and not the anti-Eragon board.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

The "your rant sucks" comment wasn’t needed. I’m sorry but where here to post our ideas, not to insult people. Please be polite and civil. Thank you.

[reply] [quote]

Re: The Anti-Twilight

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by Zephyr
Most of the reasons for why Twilight sucks seem to have been covered, though I didn't even make it past the first half of the book so I can't really comment on the plot itself.   What I REALLY hate about Twilight, and the main reason why I didn't bother to keep reading the book (if it can be called a book) is that it's so badly written. I've known high school kids that can write better than Stephanie Meyer. The books are written to appeal to teenagers and pre-teens, but are written at a grade-school level. It frustrated me so much that I just gave up on the book.   My second complaint is how overpopular the books are. The plotline itself is semi-unique (although there have been a multitude of vampire romances written long before Twilight, that were much better written and got not even a fraction of the fame or franchising), but there are so many better books out there. The Eragon series, for example, has a much better sotry and much better characters, yet is not nearly as well-known.    Not to mention, pre-teen girls are going as wild over Edward as they are over the Jonas Brothers (who are also overrated, but that's another subject entirely). Robert Pattinson said that teenage girls camp out on the front of his property. Creepy and over-obsessive much? All this because he plays a character who was written, excuse my language, as a chauvinistic b*****d.   Twilight is a terrible book in many respects, and the beginning of a series that, from what I've heard, doesn't improve in quality.

next Next Page
last Last Page