The OG Reviewers : Forum : MEMBERSHIP MAINTENANCE

MEMBERSHIP MAINTENANCE

16 Years Ago

HI FOLKS -

YOU ARE ALWAYS WELCOME TO THIS GROUP AS AN ACTIVE PARTICIPANT.

If you are not active, you will be released into the cafe to do as you please. You can come back at any time and will be accepted if your stats reflect that you earn your stripes as a reader.

When reviewing the active participant in a group I look for - quality of writing/reviews. Then because it's impossible to know all - I look at the stats - if you have given 6 reviews and received 20, you will be released from the group.

Reviewers should be par or ahead of the amount received.

If you have other suggestions for maintenance and improvement, please please please tell me.

Lola

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Popular writers could not possibly keep up with the amount of reviews they receive. Would it be fair to eject them from the group?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Well, I suppose it might, the purpose is to review, regardless of popularity.

I'll think about it to make sure its a fair statement .. but sounds logical thus far.

Lola

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Ya' know what stinks? I do believe that I always try to offer something constructive in a review (given, I can) but I think this will annoy certain people and they'll mark my review as not helpful which brings down my ratings as a reviewer . . . :( Ya' know what else stinks? I try to consider my reviews and review which ones were marked unhelpful (so I can consider if I was helpful at all) - but I can only see my last three given reviews on my profile. Does anybody know if I'm missing the spot where you can review all of your reviews given? Or is it just not there?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

You can only view your last three reviews. I know it stinks, I would like to be able to look at all my past reviews too.

In order to get a good % of helpful reviews, you need to tell the writer either what worked well, or what didn't work well. And why.

A review is constructive when it tells you either how something didn't work out, why, and how to correct it,

or when it tells you how something worked well and why so that you can use it again.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Rachel and Ben,

Perhaps it would be better to mainly review the people on this group and then if you have the time to review others elsewhere.

I agree completely with what both of you have said Ben about how to review something, only problem is that I believe there a lot of people here who aren't here for review but something else. And when they don't automatically get heaps of praise lavished on them whether its deserved or not your review is marked "unhelpful."

My little pet peeve with writerscafe.org: that there are people who ask for endless reviews of people on their friend's lists who never reciprocate. One person continally asks me to review them gets 30 or more reviews a day for every single thing they've written.

No way can they keep up. Impossible.

Blackbirdsong

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Uh . . . what happened to Lola? ::confused::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I try to review everything in this group, but lately I haven't been able to. I think I have missed the last 10 writings or so, but I hit the previous 15 or more. So, don't boot me! I will get to them, I promise.
Unfortunately, the stuff I posted here, only 3 or 4 people responded to each, sometimes less. In a group of almost 50 members, that doesn't seem right.
Sorry to everyone I have missed in the last week and a half.. Reviews are coming, promise.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Well, some people can't accept criticism well. If you give something constructive you're doing the right thing, if it's not flawed, that's fine too -

As a favor to all - if you leave a review and read other's reviews mark them as helpful or not too - perhaps its the way it's worded if you get a lot ???

rather than "you suck" try "not my genre but...maybe if you stab yourself with a pen ..."

j/k

keep at it - you'll find that you have certain folks who review well and those who don't - and after a while an inner circle of those you prefer to read your work - my preferred list is fairly short.

:)

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

do you mean reviews in general, or in this specific group?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I'm temporarily behind because my computer is on the fritz. i'll be back reviewing soon
::biggrin::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I've been pretty behind with reviewing other group members' works, but I'm really trying to catch up on a lot of stuff. Next month, I probably won't be able to get on as much, so, please, don't give me the boot just yet. I really am trying to get ahead on all of this. :P Plus, with my own group and all, it's kind of hard.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Maybe I'm new. Can someone tell me how the review process works in this group? Do I just review group members. Do I review writing posted to the group? Writing posted to the forum? I don't want to get any more behind than I might already be. . .

Emily