The Unreviewed : Forum : I need a title too..?

I need a title too..?

13 Years Ago

Halloooo, I'm writing a book right now, and I'm not so sure about the title, it can be better...
It talks about a girl who sees a ghost in front of her at many times and places. The ghost is a girl, wearing a torn black dress, and holding her teddy bear. So the ghost conquers her house and kills her cat, the girl, Alice (the owner of the house who sees the ghost) sells her house and leaves to her friend's place. Her friend, Joe, has a loving family that she envies. They treat her nicely and with great respect. So the girl once went to the forest alone, and she saw her dead mother next to the girl (ghost). and her mother was trying to warn her, and waving her out, so she runs into the meadows, and she loses her way (she finds her way back later). 
So my book's title is "As I stood lonely in the dark..." I titled it, because she is in the world of dead (which is dark, and she's alone) so the girl is dead, and she's telling her past life time =)
The mood is sad, and gloomy. You might get so depressed when you read it !
Please help me find a good title =)
(This is my first book, and i'm looking forward to publish it at a bookstore) :D
thanks in advance !

Re: I need a title too..?

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by Sweets
Halloooo, I'm writing a book right now, and I'm not so sure about the title, it can be better...
It talks about a girl who sees a ghost in front of her at many times and places. The ghost is a girl, wearing a torn black dress, and holding her teddy bear. So the ghost conquers her house and kills her cat, the girl, Alice (the owner of the house who sees the ghost) sells her house and leaves to her friend's place. Her friend, Joe, has a loving family that she envies. They treat her nicely and with great respect. So the girl once went to the forest alone, and she saw her dead mother next to the girl (ghost). and her mother was trying to warn her, and waving her out, so she runs into the meadows, and she loses her way (she finds her way back later). 
So my book's title is "As I stood lonely in the dark..." I titled it, because she is in the world of dead (which is dark, and she's alone) so the girl is dead, and she's telling her past life time =)
(This is my first book, and i'm looking forward to publish it at a bookstore) :D
thanks in advance !

I want to read this, let me know when it's finished. Also, I think the title is fine the way it is. Take out the "..." and it'll be prefect

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
<Closed>

13 Years Ago

The title is perfect. I would read it, Send me a request!

13 Years Ago

thanks in advance !

Maybe if you wanted to just take out the "lonely" part in the title you already have...? It seems kind of long. You could also use a strong quote one of your character have, like maybe something the dead mother says like if she said "Get out now!" You could use that. It's kind of hard without actually reading the book, but I hope I helped :) P.S. Good luck with getting published!

13 Years Ago

it is difficult to title something one has not read or written themselves.
perhaps you could do something to the effect of "Veiled Existence"

13 Years Ago

thanks in advance !
"Memoirs of the Departed"
"From Within the Dark"
"The Dead and the Once Alive"