The Versenators : Forum : Versenators' Challenge # 14

Versenators' Challenge # 14

17 Years Ago

Can you believe it? Fourteen Challenges so far, and The Versenators have, with your talent and wonderful participation, become the shining face of cafe. I truly lost count of how many poems written by The Versenators ended up in the Today�s Popular Poetry column. I counted seven in one day at the same time. Incredible. There is more talent on our forum than there is on many largely popular sites on the Internet. I can�t tell you how excited and proud I am of all of you. You have my unending support, and you shall find me here, should you need anything at all. While Challenge # 12 generated eighteen responses, challenge # 13 exceeded my expectations and generated twenty-one responses. (And counting, of course) Check in the forum to make sure that a link for your poem has been added to the list. If it is not, then it must be a slip on my part. Send it to me, and I shall take care of it right away for you. ;-)

A few new authors have joined the Versenators. These are incredible writers and you will enjoy them a great deal. I have already reviewed and commented on some of their work, and it is nothing short of exciting. If you are a new Versenator, make sure you go to the forum and read the welcome letter.
Click here to go to the Versenators� Welcome Letter by Nihad Dweidary

Here is a list of Versenators� responses from last week:

Versenators� Challenge # 13

To Love by Jonathan Weiss

Lacking. by Typhoid Kelsey

The Birthing by JR Maston

Memories by Moonlight

Make Me Waves of Being by Gandre

Between Your Earth and Your Sky by Gandre

Tempting the Muse by Caroline J. Bloom

She Doesn�t Understand Poetry by Alexis Ryan

Buzz of Inspiration by Leah Simone

Act I, Scene I by Kara Emily Krantz

Always, and Always What We Can and Can Not (See) by M. Quesnel

I Feel by Kate B.

I Write by Shannon K.

You, Mask by Delvin Ashley Draper

Celestial Matters by Nihad Dweidary

A Lament (Diana) by Evans O Ogbebor

In Memory of Ken Saro-Wiwa by Evans O Ogbebor

�Tis Truly the Season to Be Jolly by Johnathan Alexander Livingston iii

What I Meant to Say by David Medina

Beatles by Erin Hogan

Illumination by Sarah Williams

Versenators� Challenge # 14

This week�s challenge is to write about A Good Old Time. Maybe a time you spent in a place close to your heart, or an old town, time you spend with a buddy, a boyfriend or girlfriend, or anything you consider part of a good ol� time.

The picture to go along with challenge will be one from Jeanmarie Marchese. She is a freelance photographer and an abstract artist who is very worthy of your attention. Her photographs and poems are scintillating masterpieces.

Click here to view �Beauty� by Jeanmarie Marchese

Summer Grass by Christina Maria

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I am sending you links to challenge # 14. There are many more responses out there on the cafe, I am sure. Please send me your response (poem) so I can link it in a message to the group. There is one of two ways for me to know you wrote a response to any of the Versenators' challenges.

1. You post a link in the forum.
2. You send me a private message with an invitation to read it.

Don't forget to add a description and copy and paste the button code to the poem. Lara has written more than one response. I will read her responses and give you further links. Please read all these poems. These poets are part of your group and will be thrilled to have your feedback. I assure you they will return the favor. The least I can say about the poems is that they are a great source of inspiration. Delvin's poem is evoca-ed as well, and I am sure it will induce a wonderful smile on your face. I will choose next week's featured Versenator from the first five to review Delvin's poem. ;-)

You can now Google 'The Versenators" and get links to our page. We are growing, and our strides are very steady. You ought to be proud if you are an active member of this group.

Love, -Nihad

Versenators� Challenge # 14

Autumn in Suburbia by Kristan Strietzel

Remember THOSE Days? by Delvin Ashley Draper

Our Divinity by Gandre

Breath of Summers Passed by Sarah Williams

Inconspicuous journey by Shannon K.

I�ve Never Dated Aphrodite by Jim Churchill-dicks

My First Love by Jeff Erhart

Vender Fair by Amy Parkhurst

Good Times by David Medina

The Tale of the Rotten Bananas by Felicia Aguilar

Tide by Nihad Dweidary

Epitaph by F. Montes De Oca

Summer Grass by Christina Maria

A River Called Ogawa by Abhra

Childhood�s Lost Paintings by Dentro De Tus Heridas, Oc�ltame....

Did You Hear Me? by Julie Murphy

I Do Some Things All by Myself by Matthew Marquis

The Remedy of You by Tj

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

My reply to Good Times, "Childhood's Lost Paintings."

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Here's mine

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Sending through another simply because I feel that the previous was less in the spirit of this challenge than this one is.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Here is my link for my poem for challenge #14......

The remedy of youThe remedy of you
A Poem by Tj