The Versenators : Forum : Versenators' Featured Author f..

Versenators' Featured Author for the Week of February 12, 2007

17 Years Ago

I am really proud to introduce to you Jonathan Weiss as The Versenators' featured author for the week of February 12, 2007. Take a mintute to read his short and interesting biography. I also leave it up to you to discover his poetic genius through a poem I featured for this week on The Versenators. The poem is titled "Cape May Seascape." It is a model in excellence and poetic splendor. -Nihad

Click here to go to Cape May Seascape by Jonathan Weiss

In Jonathan's own words:
"In 10th grade English class we spent some time on poetry. My two favorite poems were "Renascence" by Edna St Vincent Millay, and "The Creation" by James Weldon Johnson. Coleridge's "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" was pretty good as well.
Always enjoyed the English language, but never wrote a poem again for another 10 years..........too busy with musical pursuits, (playing guitar and keyboards, and composing) and the practice of Dentistry.
I've been practicing dentistry for almost 35 years, music for over 40, and writing poetry only for the last several years.

I suppose I never wanted to be pigeonholed into doing one thing only. Love the NY Times crosswords, playing frisbee and golf, all animals and almost all children........I've been a mentor to three young boys for the last five years. Have 2 sons in their 30's.......2 stepchildren in their 20's, a granddaughter who is 1, a dog who is 5, two cats, both 4 years old............

Have been meditating for a long time.....practiced yoga. Read Casteneda in the 70's, Hesse in the 80's, Jung in the 90's, and Tolle, Emerson, Krishnamurti, and others after the century turned.

It's been a busy 60 years.......I am thankful for the graciousness of God, my family, my ability to earn a living, and the many other things that make living this life so worthwhile.

I have been in the process of publishing a book of poetry, but it always seems to occupy the back burner.........

It has been my joy to meet some of the people here, rich in spirit and words.

(Nihad......let me know if you want me to bring over some more poems--------and thanks again for the opportunity you have afforded me.)