The Wood Beyond The World : Forum : Tales of Netherron, Book 2 Thr..

Tales of Netherron, Book 2 Thread.

17 Years Ago

Hello my fellow adventurers;

This thread will be for the new stuff I am working on. If you have any questions or advice, please note what chapter. Also, I am eager to learn, and for advice. I may resist at times, but I will play with it and if that lightbulb comes on, I will quickly change.

I love to write, and I am very good at plotting, structure, pacing and now coming into context. But I know I have a long way to go with the rules of grammar. Ask Leah...you only have to hit me over the head a dozen times or so before I see the point.

I will open a new thread for my previous work, which might constitute the majority of the postings.

Have at me....
Nick.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Leah,

Thank you for the review. I hoped adding more about grandmother would open the tale with the tale a bit more. I kept thinking...I am merely repeating the first prologue and I need to add more hints, so I chopped some of the villagers observations...the fat merchant, etc to add the bit of dialogue between the storyteller, Sara, and Loxley. I think it worked.

"Who,"...hmmmm, I see the point, unneeded, thankyou. Will also relook the long hair bit going out of style vs lost favor. I kind of like lost favor, for the feel of it, or maybe giving a bit of flavor. I will think on it.

Thank you again.
Nick.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

A question for you Nick:

"Book" means many things. My wonder is whether Book One and Book Two are short enough to fit under one cover. Does the Storyteller's Day include the Storyteller's afternoon, so that this whole collection of stories occurs during one day or one week?

Or is Book One an entire collection of short stories; does it amount to a novel? It could be a third of a novel. Is there a Book Three?

I may add to this question later.

Thanks,

bill w

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Bill,

Book 1 comes in at about 140,000 words-plus or minus, depending on the final editing which I am trying to go through now. Orginally it was about 500,000 words. lol. Book 2 and 3 will come in more or less around the same. This is the first of the trilogies from The Tales of Netherron, and there are two that are needed to show the full story. I will also have companion sets of individual stories, and I am toying with doing some of them in either novella form, a book of shorts stories, and may even try my hand at 1st person since by then, the world will be fully known to the readers.

The storyteller is a both a device and a tale within a tale so to speak. I use the storyteller to set the books up and introduce the storyline. But I am also weaving a tale within a tale with the storyteller. Hopefully. You have already picked up on the grandma issue and that this will be his last festival. Yes, the festivals are the only time anyone in the village see's him, perhaps I need to make that clearer in the prologue of Book 1. (added hint...final thoughts of the old storyteller just before giving the chapter tag....In this place and time...) oppps...hehehe.

As each book unfolds, the prologue and epilogue will hint at who the storyteller is and who the little red-haired child might be. The village itself is immaterial to the main story, but more of the village will be shown in the epilogue of book 2 and the opening prologue of book 3. Those who have read all of book 1 have already messaged me that they know the village because of its location, from the mainworks of book 1. Near the Oakenwoods forrest. So I think the readers do get an understanding.

Thanks for pointing out the typo's and other errors. My fingers actually have a mind of their own at time and do not keep up with my thoughts. lol.

Book 1 I think will be the main body I will be posting in the group as I am still twiddling with reworking book 2 from what I learned while doing book 1, and the fact that some things need changing and other things need clarifying. I hope you continue to read as all the questions asked help me to think out the scene, plot, and pacing.

Thank you again Bill.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick A. Lonigro
Leah,

Thank you for the review. I hoped adding more about grandmother would open the tale with the tale a bit more. I kept thinking...I am merely repeating the first prologue and I need to add more hints, so I chopped some of the villagers observations...the fat merchant, etc to add the bit of dialogue between the storyteller, Sara, and Loxley. I think it worked.

"Who,"...hmmmm, I see the point, unneeded, thankyou. Will also relook the long hair bit going out of style vs lost favor. I kind of like lost favor, for the feel of it, or maybe giving a bit of flavor. I will think on it.

Thank you again.
Nick.

It's not the "lost favor" it's what lost favor -- was it the style, or the men who wore it?
The style, I think, not the men.