The Wood Beyond The World : Forum : Leah's Journey...

Leah's Journey...

16 Years Ago

First, I want to thank Leah for forming the group and inviting everyone in. Of the many groups I have belonged to, I find this one to be very unique, with many talented writers at various stages of experience, thoughts, and styles.

Thank you Leah.

Secondly...Leah is getting ready for a cross country move and I am starting this thread as a way for her to keep us up on her journey, as she gets time. Or to check in with this thread to recieve words of encouragement and well wishes.

Lastly, I would like to ask Leah to Profile herself and her work while she is traveling. Thus the reviews will give her a reason to check in ... yes MS Yoda...I alway have alterior motives. lol.

Drive carefully and drink lots of water or very sweet coffee while on the road. Do not forget to take the calgon to relax at night. Wishing you and yours a successful new venture.

Nick

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Just as I did when I had a radio show, I will always take requests. Some folks have reviewed earlier versions of True Minds and some have only seen the prologue, so I'll start with Chapter One. But when I have a reliable wireless connection I'll put up the first chapter of the second part of the prequel -- so far Nick's the only Wood member who's reviewed that.

Tomorrow we start loading the truck. Early on Friday the whole crew piles in the van and heads north, then west to Dallas. By this coming Sunday evening we should be in Albuquerque. I will check in here whenever possible, so if you need some moderator thing done, don't hesitate to message me.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

And don't forget to take pictures, if you can. Save memories for yourself, I would love to see what sights you see along the way. Learn a bit more of the US of A.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Yes, good luck with the move Leah! We'd love to hear about it.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Yes, Have a great trip. I would like to see pics too and hear great road stories.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

So...is the truck all packed and headed to the San Gria Mts. I know...I spelled it wrong.

Nick.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

The truck is still in the driveway. We're almost all packed -- just the electronics, desk and desk chair, some bedding, and a few boxes to go. And the washer and dryer. It should all be ready to go by mid-morning tomorrow. I've had two of my son's friends hanging around for the last three days, eating Burger King and Popeyes and loading the truck by day, playing guitar (well, sort of) by night. By tomorrow night it should be just the six of us (and the dog) in an almost empty house. Less than 48 hours till we hit the road. Hard to believe.

It's Sandia Mts. Sandia means "watermelon" which is pretty much the color of the mountainsides at sunset. From San Ysidro Pueblo the range looks like a turtle, so that's what the Indians call it.

But, speaking of Sangria, I think it's time for that prescription from Dr. Nick Grasshopper -- Calgon (for external use only) and wine (taken internally.)

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hope you have a great trip Leah! You'll be in our prayers!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I knew I spelled it wrong, but appearently I also pronounced it wrong. Its been 20 years since I was last there and viewed the Sandia Mts at sunset. Love the hot air ballow races in the fall.

In Phonenix we had the Camel Back mountain and Squaws Peak mountains. Squaws Peak looks like a indian woman laying down, and Camel Back was ... yep two humps closely connected on the same ridge. lol.

Enjoy...
Nick.

Quote:
Originally posted by Leah Davidson
The truck is still in the driveway. We're almost all packed -- just the electronics, desk and desk chair, some bedding, and a few boxes to go. And the washer and dryer. It should all be ready to go by mid-morning tomorrow. I've had two of my son's friends hanging around for the last three days, eating Burger King and Popeyes and loading the truck by day, playing guitar (well, sort of) by night. By tomorrow night it should be just the six of us (and the dog) in an almost empty house. Less than 48 hours till we hit the road. Hard to believe.

It's Sandia Mts. Sandia means "watermelon" which is pretty much the color of the mountainsides at sunset. From San Ysidro Pueblo the range looks like a turtle, so that's what the Indians call it.

But, speaking of Sangria, I think it's time for that prescription from Dr. Nick Grasshopper -- Calgon (for external use only) and wine (taken internally.)

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

This might be the last post I have time for before we hit the road. Time to pack up the computer. If I get a chance I'll post from the motel.

Have fun, folks!

Leah

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

At a friend's house for a farewell dinner. We finally got the truck packed. Still a few things to do.

I want to thank you all for your well wishes. I'll be in a different state of mind as well as a different state the next time you hear from me, I'm sure.

See ya! ::cool::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Oh where oh where has our moderator gone,
Oh where oh where can she be...
With her.....and her....
Oh where oh where can she be?

Nick.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Worriedly tapping feet.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I just wanted to mention that four chapters of True Minds features in the top ten "Best Sci-fi and Fantasy" items on Urbis.

Well done, Leah.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

It's 7:45A.M, Monday-June 18th, do you know where your moderator is? lol

Yes, its Monday and our Moderator should be in New Mexico by now. Hopefully, all has gone well for her and her family, the drive went well, and the Calgon did not run out. But this is only the beginning for our Moderator, as she still has to set up her household and find a lovely/quiet spot to set up her computer before we will hear from her.

Wishing MS. Yoda a cheery new beginning.

Nick.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I'm in Albuquerque!

Got here Sunday afternoon about 4PM MDT. I've been keeping a journal of the trip, which I'll post once everything electronic is set up at our house.

There is a lot to do. Most of it running around town shopping for furnishings at thrift stores and flea markets.

The truck with our furniture and computers is supposed to arrive on Thursday, the phone guy will set up the jacks we need then too, and the internet guy from the phone company will come Friday to set up our modem and network -- then I'll be back in business for real.

I'm at my step-daughter's house at the moment, and should get back home. I just want you all to know that I'm happy happy happy to be back here in New Mexico -- the mountains aren't just pretty scenery -- they have a spiritual power that I've long been in need of. When I look up at the Sandias I feel I'm looking into the heart of magic.

And I do have a lovely space fo writing -- an office for Ron and me to share off our bedroom, with skylights and a fireplace. Oooh. . . !

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Happy to see our Moderator is excited about being home again. ::biggrin::

Welcome back and I will now sleep better knowing that you and your brood made it safely. ::drool::

Nick. ::smile::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Leah,

SKYLIGHTS. Oh, I'm overflowing with envy.

May the computer gods shine on your machine as it reawakens.

It's going to be a wonderful Summer of '07!

Bill

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Skylights are nice but a fireplace, now that's something!

I'm glad you all made it there safe and sound. As to the spiritual atmosphere, I know what you are talking about. And there is something magical about a sunrise or sunset with Sandia.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Leah,
Glad you had a safe journey.

A Skylight & a fireplace, my, that would be perfect.

First Page first
Previous Page prev