The Wood Beyond The World : Forum : The Star Rating System

The Star Rating System

16 Years Ago

I see the rating system has been upgraded to be more useful.

What used to be a 4-star "pretty good but" is now 3-star. 4-star is now "almost perfect" and 5 star is "perfect and professional. What used to be 3-star, "Could be better" is now 2-star.

The old system used to make a 4-star a very broad rating, but now defines it as something that is perfect but for a few grammar or spelling errors, or perhaps a single story error. Much harder to attain now. Seemed I gave 4s for way too many works, some much better than others. Kind of like the 4-star TV guide system, where academy winners and flops alike garner 3 stars. I'd much rather work with a ten star system, or at least 5.

Just thought I'd mention this, as I don't want people to be upset on seeing three stars, which now has exactly the same description as 4 used to.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

For me, its not the rating, but the quality of the review that I am looking for. Although if someone gave me a one star I might have to ask why?

Nick.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

i once got a 2-star from some one who glowed over my work. it seemed like a back-handed compliment to see all that vacuity, and lack-luster pallor opposed to the golden shine of filled stars.

:) strange how these "spaces" affect me.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Has anyone noticed that when you rate something as 3 stars, the overall rating changes to 4 and a half? What is the point if that is the case?????? I may just put my rating in the actual review.