The Wood Beyond The World : Forum : Leah's Alliance Chronicles Web..

Leah's Alliance Chronicles Website

16 Years Ago

I've been working on the website that represents my writing, and I'd like members to visit it, let me know what you think.

I put up a page that plugs The Wood Beyond the World.

Here's the url

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I just wanted to mention that I've been revamping my website -- making it easier to read and navigate, adding more graphics. I'd like some feedback, please.

Thanks.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Leah,

The site is really looking professional these days.   I have one comment...I visited the OTM page and the cast of characters.   Hmmm, are the pictures of Timu and Aulia what you really invision them looking like?  Or were they the closest you could find?  : ).

Reason I ask is because I know how hard it is to find the right picture on the web for what we see.   I feel the image of Aulia looked too old and for Timu...well I think of Timu as being more manly than looking foppish.  Hmmm, did I use the right word there?  The picture reminds me of Trukio (sp I know) from R&J.  Sort of.   I did like the pictures though for the time period and culture aspects.

But then readers often will see their own images no matter how we paint them.  Someone they know or have seen before.  It makes it easier for them to relate. 

I am working on mine...and yours gave me some idea's.   I will let you know and thanks for pointing me to the gpages.

Nick.  

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Nick:

That blonde female is Rilsa, not Aulia.  I haven't found an Aulia, yet.

The young fellow is Timu -- I mean, when I saw that Raphael portrait for the first time I said, That's Timu. Remember his description -- almost pretty face -- the manly bits are from the neck down. And, well, the clothing isn't very extreme for the Renaissance -- fairly plain.

I am still looking for a few illustrations -- Aulia, as I said, and some landscape things to represent the Alliance nations.

Thanks for taking a look, and getting back to me.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Okay, I think I'm truly done tweaking.

Yesterday I tried to set up a free, invisible hit counter, but I did something wrong, and it wasn't working.

I think I've got it right, now. So, I'd appreciate it if some of you could visit the site, and let me know you did, so I can see if my counter is working or not.

Thanks!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I'll try to check it out over the next day or so. Word of warning, my dear, I do web site design on the side (as if I don't already have enough to do!) so I'll be looking at it with a critical eye. And be honest.

Hum, sound's like my reviewing, right Nick? Don't worry, Leah, you're next on my list. Hee-hee.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

very nicely done Leah  I love the illustrations you have chosen for your characters.. Hmmm  I wonder.......  

keep up the good work

Kathy