The Wood Beyond The World : Forum : Notice my ad?

Notice my ad?

16 Years Ago

Well, I'm getting so far into this self-promotion thing, I went and bought myself a banner ad for my website from Charlie.  It comes up every so often, trading places with old Lulu and so on.  I don't know what good it'll do me, but I figure it can't hurt to experiment, now, while I can afford to, and it's fairly convenient.

Probably silly, I know.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
G

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Yes I did notice it. I was over in ABNA Vets and there it was. I would not have realised it was yours except I had recently checked out your web site. It looks good.

What are you expecting to achieve with this ad and your web site? I have wondered if  publicity would help me get published but I am completely ignorant in this field so I will be interested to know if it works for you.

Gayna

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Gayna, I don't really know, except that the more people exposed to my work, the better.

My website has a page that refers people here to the Wood, and links to my blog, and my gmail.  One thing I'm thinking, for the website at least, is that when I do query agents, I'll include the url with my vitae, or in my letterhead.  That way, if their interest is piqued at all, they'll take a look around, and see how much I have to offer.

The ad here -- I'm not sure -- but it might create more hits on my site, push it up a little on search engines, just get me more advance publicity for when I am finally published.  People will walk into bookstores, see The Alliance Chronicles: Of Two Minds, and say: "Hey, I've heard of that!"