The Wood Beyond The World : Forum : Tangled Threads Update

Tangled Threads Update

16 Years Ago

I've been reasonably quiet about the chapters I've adding into A House Fractured, Volume 1 of Tangled Threads. I did so because I wanted to have one complete section available before making it known I feel it is time for people to review it. Especially since the first version is going through a major rewrite and I've added new chapters.

Of those who are interested, the first section, Darkness Looming, is ready for dissection, review, silly comments or the WTF thoughts :-) It is fantasy but I think even sci-readers would get into it.

It starts at:

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Loekie my friend,

As soon as I get my main computer back up and running, (or a new one), I will return to your beautiful work.   I worry about our little herione, she needs me to keep track of her deeds.  ; ).  I am also trying to adjust to this new lifestyle and job, so...

Nick.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Trust me, I understand. Take your time.

I've wanted to get back to your stuff but the past couple of weeks have been a little insane because of work. Excluding sleeping, I've completely focused on my writing just to keep me sane.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Loekie wrote...I've completely focused on my writing just to keep me sane.

A thought understood and appreciated as being true.  

The bad news today is my main PC has a fried internal power supply just for starters.  The good new is  I have not lost any of my work including revisions because they were not on that computer, and all my back ups are still good to go.   I did lose my resume for now, but my son says he is going to remove the hard drive and add it to this computer since its a bigger hard drive and I will  have more hard drive to play with internally.  

I find it really amazing that the comptuer he built me can do so much more than the computers I have bought and it has now out lasted two store bought computers.  Of course, I have had him update video cards and such.   He says its about time to update the processor now to dual core.  Still, I will miss having the two comptuer system, one for writing and one for surfing and viewing DVDs.

Hopefully, this week will find a rythmn to it and I can get back to reviewing.   I owe a few members a review or two.   That and my rabid fans are messaging me on Book 2.  lol.  Oh yes, I have rabid fans,  between 16-18.  lol.   I think they liked the familiar feel and the adult scenes which I doubt their tender years had experienced yets.   One even wrote me that he had to go shower after reading Ryzza and Nathin's love scene.   (That was more information than this writer  needed to know.)   Another young lady has fallen in love with Flame and wants to know what happens to her in B2.   Ahhh, they are so impatient.  Maybe my work really is geared towards young adults more so than the older adults.  ?

I will return to trash...ahhh review your work soon my friends.   As Loekie says, be afraid, be very afraid.

Nick.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Just an FYI for anyone who is thinking of checking out my stuff, I have now just added a complete new section, Opening Views. This was once a single 12 page chapter which I expanded into 9 chapters of 38 pages. It is raw and rough, but ready for reading and critiquing. Onto the next section, Moving Pieces.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Loekie,

I have been absent too long from Tangled Threads and will be reviewing some tonight and tomorrow my friend.

Nick.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I look forward to what you have to say. Especially now that I have two self-contained sections for critiquing, ripping apart, potentially bowel movement causing and tons of passive sentences to sink your teeth into. :-)

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Cool, I'll check it out.

x

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Potential bowel movements, huh?  Wow, Loekie, you're really trying to move the reader!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Quote:
Potential bowel movements, huh? Wow, Loekie, you're really trying to move the reader!

Oh, oh, Nick, we better watch it. We're getting more comedians in the Wood. Hee-hee.

Thing is, that is what I like about this place. We can have serious discussions and then move to poop jokes in less than two postings. That is why I feel so at home here. And not just for the poop jokes.

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I shall start reading it when possible, I'm still in Ireland and internet is restricted.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
reb

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Me, too! I'm working on the Brothers Karoli at the moment.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
reb

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Oh, MAN. I thought I'd take a quick glance at your work, Loekie, but that is impossible.

This will take grave concentration. Your stuff is very complex. I will sit down soon and give it my full attention.