The Wood Beyond The World : Forum : More Birthdays

More Birthdays

16 Years Ago

This time it's Adam -- hey Adam!

And my hero, Terry Pratchett -- Happy 60th, Pterry!

Here's a link to some BBC stuff by/about Pratchett:

Their radio dramatizations of Terry's novels have all been quite good, in my experience -- and several are offered in coming weeks.  Each episode is available for online listening for one week from original broadcast date.  If you love Discworld, or if you haven't been there yet, do give a listen.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

All the best, Adam. From a Scorpio male who isn't hiding :-)

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Happy Birthday Adam! Have a good one. x

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

aw, thanks folks. I think it is an omen, but yesterday i met with family at my mother's in Cohoes -- an old textile city across the river from Troy (i live in upstate NY) -- and circling around the river we spotted a bald eagle. I thought it was pretty significant considering they are still endangered and well this is NY. There are a few nests in NY state I never knew about, almost 200 I think. I think.

I'm taking today to make things happen.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I suppose, being up in Canada, every time I've come down into the States, I get see the tons of wilderness in upstate NY. Then again, I've been to Troy which had it's own type of wilderness. But that was some time ago. You are talking to someone here who lived NYC, especially Times Square before it became Disney NYC.

I was lucky, back in the 90's when I went whale watching off Vancouver Island. part of the trip was to a wildlife reserve which focused on repopulating the bald eagle. Quite a sight to see. Inspiring. And has an important sub-plot in my book.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
G

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Happy Birthday Adam. It sounds like you've had a good one.

It's great to hear that there are still wild bald eagles. I really like eagles. I t always brightens my day to see one cruising around looking for yummy mice  etc.

In the book I am currently writing my main male character, Kiesane,  is a shape changer and one of his preferred forms is a large black eagle. It gives me an excuse to imagine soaring across the landscape, the wind ruffling my feathers.

Gayna

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Happy (belated!) birthday, Adam!  We have quite a few eagles here in Alabama, especially around the lakes.  They are way cool to watch.

I've always been partial to hawks, myself.  I often see a hawk sitting on top of a light pole surveying his domain as I wend my way to work.  I think he's counting the cars on the interstate, or trying to figure out a way to break into the drive-through line at McDonald's. . . . . . . Looking for a chicken biscuit, no doubt.

Jeanie

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Happy belated Adam, and wishing you many more eagle sightings my friend.    I live close to the Chesepeake Bay, and we have lots of eagles here.   I never tire of seeing them swooping down and catching fish, though I do get irratated because I had been fishing the same spot of hours and came up dry.    They truly are great fisher birds.

Nick.