The Wood Beyond The World : Forum : I'm not dead

I'm not dead

15 Years Ago

Hi everyone!  I'm not dead nor have I forgotten about this place, but current circumstances prevent me from really participating.  Since the site's crash, I had been busy and unable to repost my material.  Now, even though it's summer, I'm working (4 days a week, 3-11 PM, manning the parking hut for an Art Institution near where I live).  That alongside family obligations and preparing for school in the fall also prevent me from doing much serious writing.  Additionally, the computer which has all my material stored on it (my personal laptop) is having internet connection problems which makes it harder to get any of the writing online.

Bunches of new members have joined the group while I've been away, and I'd love to get to know everyone sometime.

However, I have been sketching down ideas and possible plotlines for a long-short story set in the same world as my book Winds of Change (which, since it hasn't been up here since the crash, none of the newer members have gotten to see)

The story is actually the background story for a major Winds of Change character that no one here has met yet, since the chapter in which he's introduced has never been posted yet.  I think Leah would like the short story since it involves a lot of political intrigue.  I don't want to talk about it forever on here, but if anyone is interested to know more feel free to message me.  I want to get involved again, but my schedule and priorities sort of get in the way.

Hopefully during my off days, if I can muster the energy, I will try to repost what was posted before.  Talk to you all later!

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

But are you pining for the fjords? (only a few will get this reference!)

It's good to hear you are still alive and kicking. And I think I can speak for Leah (but she will jump in soon), drop by when you can. No rush, no pressure.

And I'll just segue with a Hello Polly!

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

By the way Loekie, the Norwegian blue parrot isn't just a joke anymore.

Andy, I completely understand about your busy life. Mine's gotten pretty intense too, and I know school can be the worst for sucking your valuable time away from you. Whenever you can post some material, please do -- I'll try to be first to look at it.

Now, I've got to catch up on the other hot threads. Hee hee.

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Hey Andy

Its good to hear from you. We look forward to hearing from you when things calm down.

x