Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

The Wood Beyond The World : Forum : Welcome new member

Welcome new member

15 Years Ago

Scott H. wrote to me yesterday, expressing interest in joining the Wood.

Core members responded positively, so I sent the invitation.

Scott's a poet -- I mean he actually writes poetry and lets other people read it (unlike us cowards who keep it to ourselves.)  I read some of his things last night and liked them very much -- I'd say they're in the lyrical vein, with attention to form, but still keeping a highly personal feel.

Welcome to The Wood, Scott.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
reb

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Welcome, Scott H!

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Thanks!

Looking forward to some great reading.

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Scott,

Looking forward to getting to know you!  The folks here are the best!

Jeanie

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Welcome to the Wood. It is reasonably safe around here :-)

And, by the way Leah, I don't keep my poetry to myself. I just don't write poetry. Something I will, in time, need to start playing around with. Be afraid, be very, very afraid.

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Hi guys, I just posted my first piece - a little something inspired by A Midsummer Night's Dream and some others.

I'm hoping that being apart of this fun little group will help me out with the story that wants to be which has been floating about in my head for years and years and years now.

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Well, if we can't draw a story out of you, no one would be able to :-)

As you may see, with the various threads we have about (some started by me), have a wide scope of discussion. Nothing is taboo. Each may give you some ideas or inspiration, that is until the thread starts to get silly. Often all because Nick. :-) I can see that grin on your face!

And feel free to throw in your 2 cents worth. I know, for me, I could use some advice, pointers, suggestions, etc. on how to start to write poetry. I can see, for my series, I could use a few here and there. Also, you will see some of us are also into Celtic and British folklore here.

So sit back and enjoy. The Wood is a little quiet during the summer but soon all the denizen will be coming out from behind their trees. Hee-hee.

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Welcome Scott! I hope you enjoy being part of the Woods.

I don't know much about the techniques of poetry and so find it hard to review - I just know when I like something, but can't really explain why - so it would be good to learn more about it.

I love the diversity in this group!

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Scott,

Welcome to the woods, where it is never so dark that you can not find your way.

Like Zuri, I love the diversity of this group.   A  little something for everyone, and if you can't find it here, well, we will make something up for you.  

Zuri is our resident dance instructor and ever since she taught Leah how to bump, Leah can not stop bumping...  And we all know what I think of that view of Leah...gerrr-rowllll.

Lots of interesting profiles, stories, and posted work.   Enjoy when you have the time.

Nick.