The Writer's Life : Forum : The dreaded synopsis

[reply] [quote]

The dreaded synopsis

16 Years Ago

Well, having completed the edits on the fourty pages I'm submitting, I'm now working on the synopsis. It's hard as hell to do that! Why is it that you can write a book just fine, but when you're asked to write a little something about it to explain all of the major events, you draw a freaking blank?!

It isn't that I don't know how to do it. I know how to write a synopsis. I just don't know if my synopsis is all that interesting! I don't really know very many people that I can show it to, not in real life. Most of the people I know don't actually read, let alone write. What's a body to do?

I'd be a lot happier about marking that one thing off my to do list if I didn't have so many damned things on the list.

Stress is a way of life for some of us.

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

The synopsis is definitely the hardest part, to get the complete novel into one or two pages.  It’s all you have to convince a prospective publisher that you really can write, and that your book is interesting enough for them to take the time to look at.  Trouble is, when you submit, you never know if the rejection is because the synopsis was not powerful enough to hook their attention.

If you’d like someone to have a look, feel free to ask.  I’m only half stressed at present.

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I'd love it if you could take a look at it. I've already sent it out to one publisher, but that doesn't mean I couldn't still use the help. After all, I might end up having to send it out to someone else! It's listed on my page as Synopsis for Raiders.

Thanks a heap. ^-^