The fallen : Forum : hi

[reply] [quote]

hi

10 Years Ago

Hi..
I'm new..I'm here because after reading some posts, I know I'm not alone with my pain..
Last week one of my close friends died and my world crashed..again..
Unfortunately, loss is not uncommon thing in my life..
But you know what hurts the most?
People say I'm sorry but then, they keep living their life without thinking about how much it hurts to me and to the people who love her..a baby is going to grow up without a mom and it seems normal to certain people..
How can people be so cruel?
How much do they care about her or me(if these so called friends know only me)?
Someone even told me that I've to stop being sad because it's starting to get annoying..
I'm shocked.
Thank you for listening to me.
K.

[reply] [quote]

Re: hi

10 Years Ago

Nobody should ever stop telling you to be sad because it's annoying, that's just wrong. If they say that, then they probably don't truly care about you. I know I'm never going to get over my grandma dying for she was my entire world. 
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your reply..
I know that sometimes I can't stop crying...it's just that it reminds me of the other important people in my life who died and left me here alone..
I need time but one of them really hurt me..
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

I'm so sorry for your loss... Everybody needs to cry sometimes, don't listen to those people who tell you to stop.
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

thank you..
I try to fight but the loss is too fresh..
Ignoring me it's not a way to help me..I've been through hell and back and I'm a fighter but we can't beat Death.
I feel powerless and alone in this painful moment..
I just miss her too much and for many, it seems I lost a pair of glasses..
Some friends told me to ignore the one that said those things and push her away..
But how can someone change so easily and all of a sudden?
K.
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

I'm so sorry for your loss :( Don't listen to those people that tell you not to be sad because they think it's annoying--they're not being good friends. Don't worry you love them and will always have them in your heart. <3 Of course you'll be sad sometimes; who wouldn't? It shows that you're human like all of us. You should look at these song lyrics. I have found comfort in them. I'm not sure if you are religious, but here's the link:

I think that no matter where anyone stands religiously, these are beautiful words.

[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words..
Yes, I'm religious and God is always with me..I think that without Him, I wouldn't be here..
God bless you,
K.
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

There is no time limit on how long it takes to "get over" something. Take all the time you need, as long as it doesn't keep you from living your life.....if you stop living your life, that's when it becomes unhealthy. They would want you to be happy.

I've lost someone VERY close to me two days before my birthday. It took me 8 years to be able to look back on the memories with fondness and without the desire to just breakdown crying or to numb myself out to the pain. The one thing I remember the most, is the complete and utter hatred I felt for the words "I'm sorry for your loss."....That's why I'm not gonna say that.

I miss him terribly. The feelings don't ever really go away, but things DO get better. I know it doesn't feel like it now....but one day you WILL be able to smile again....a true smile of happiness. One day you won't feel so empty. One day that hole won't be as big as it is now. It may feel like "how can I get through this?" but you will. One day, the pain will fade. One day, you won't feel so lost. One day, the anger will disappear. One day, the bitterness will be gone. One day, the guilt over the things you never got to say/do will vanish. One day, the fear of losing any more people will lessen.

People DO care about what you're going through, but everybody copes differently. Some people close themselves off, while others try to pretend it never happened at all. I know what I'm about to say will sound funny....but I hope you cry and mourn.....because that is the only way to truly heal. My pastor once told me, "For every hurt that we feel, we must shed just as many tears. If we don't, we won't be releasing our pain....only bottling it up until it can't be pushed down anymore." Many people see crying as a weakness, I used to, but it's not. It's a healthy release for pain and joy. "A strong man cries, but a weak man bottles it up inside."

I pray that you will find comfort and healthy healing. Most of all, I pray you will find people to come along side you during this painful time. *Hugs*