The fallen : Forum : Broken Soul?

[reply] [quote]

Broken Soul?

10 Years Ago

I have a problem. My mom is always calling me names and pushing me around.When I say I like something, she'll go and say she hates it and tries to change it. For example, I named my kitten Daisya because I love that name, but she said she hates it and wants to call him Jasper. When she didn't get her own way, she tried to change the spelling to Deja.But that's just one problem out of many.She says she wants to be my "Friend" and not my mother. But her idea of a friend is having someone there to tell her she's pretty and how great a person she is, as well as do everything for her at her beck and call.She thinks I'm a traitor if I say I like my dad and my grandma.She's always calling me all kinds of names that I won't repeat because I don't want to be anything like her. A few times she's even hit me.When she's not working or sleeping or trying to pick a fight with me, she hides in her room and says I "bother" her when I talk to her.I cry a lot when we fight...My friend said if I stay with her, my soul will eventually break. Is that true?I've wanted to leave since I was six years old but I'm not that kind of person. I don't run away from things.I guess I'm a sucker for pain, or that's all I've known and I don't want to leave it for the unknown. I don't know what to do.Suggestions would be appreciated. ^^
[reply] [quote]

Re: Broken Soul?

10 Years Ago

I'm really sorry you have to go through that, but all I can say is to not let her words phase her. I know that may be hard to do, but just remember that she will reap what she sows. For everything bad she's done to you, she will have to pay back seven fold. Things will get better if you can just wait and hold on to the positive side of things. And if you ever want someone to talk to, I'm always here to listen if you want. :)
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

I am going through the exact same thing. She says she hates everything I like, and we can rarely ever agree on something. My mom wants to be closer to me, and she thinks that with my grandmother dying I will be so much more open to her, but nope. She wants me to tell her what she wants to hear, but when I do, she yells at me for it. All I can say is to never let her get to you. I know it may seem hard, but it's very important to never let her get to you. I let my mother get to me, and look where I ended up? (not in a good position, that's where) If you ever need somebody to talk to, I'm almost always online. :) Just message me if you ever need to talk. I can give some pretty good advice since I'm going through the exact same thing. 
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

I am so sorry that you have to go through this. She is not treating you properly and I think that you should go for the unknown. Just protect yourself and your happiness hun. 
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

I'm really sorry to hear all about the pain you're going through. In my case, my mamma kept me sane..she's my rock..even if I don't talk to her about my problems, I know I can count on her..At your age, it was my father the one that made me feel worthless and empty..I cried so much..he really did a number on me but I thank God every day for keeping me sane..my father saw, after 20 years, that he was killing my soul even if  I was the perfect daughter, student and friend..he had an awful childhood and he made me feel every day what he's been through..how? I had the same childhood. Things are much better now but I'll never forget the pain..I'll never forgive him.
She's your mother but she's behaving like a bully..you have to protect yourself like I did. Can you go somewhere else? If so, GO! I couldn't..
She's killing you..really..
I'm here for you...
K.
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

The one lie that I had always believed, is that words can never hurt you. But it IS a lie. When you hear some thing enough times, you eventually begin to believe it.

Bluefire, it's not running away by leaving. You leaving is showing you have the strength and self-respect/love to do what YOU know is best for you. There is no shame of getting out of an UNHEALTHY relationship....and that's EXACTLY what it is.

I had a friend who was in a similar situation as you. And I saw her die. Her body was still here yes, but she was empty inside. Her situation completely killed her soul.

Last year, I was forced to end all contact with my own mother as my relationship with her was EXTREMELY unhealthy. It was HARD and SCARY but after the fact? I have never felt better. I still love her, but I am doing what is BEST for ME....and all that relationship was doing was destroying me. I felt proud of myself, I don't feel like a scared little child cowering in the corner and I don't feel trapped anymore. I never thought the cycle of pain would end, but it can. You just need to decide what is BEST FOR YOU. Because staying where you are DOES cause damage, whether you are aware of it or not. Oftentimes when we are abused, it begins to change our habits, thought patterns, actions, etc.

I'll be here if ya ever wanna talk.