Underground Writers Network : Forum : Challenge of the Week ~ #23

Challenge of the Week ~ #23

17 Years Ago

Last night, while reading a book from one of my favorite writers of all times, it occurred to me that underneath the painted beauty of his words, laid a truth screaming to be heard:

�He is a sower who sows the seeds of his heart in the
Prairies of affection, and humanity reaps the
Harvest for her nourishment.�

Those are Khalil Gibran�s words about �The Poet.� In his mind, the poet was the ultimate link between this and the coming world. Bear in mind that then, there were not as many classifications of writing styles as there are today, so he was referring to all writers when he spoke poets.

Following this idea, of writers being enlighteners of humanity, I propose for this challenge to speak up about a subject of your concern. Write about something you feel needs to be denounced, or a topic you feel people should know more about. Just so that we all have time to stop by and read let�s keep it within 1000 words verse or prose, any style you choose.

Entries for the challenge will be accepted until the end of Saturday. Voting will begin on Sunday until Monday morning. I will count the votes and post the top two as featured. The first place will be featured as a writer for the week, and the second will have the featured piece of the week.

For all our new members, let�s explain how it works:
-Submit your piece by posting it or a link to it, on the thread of the challenge.
-Vote by posting on the same thread which one is your favorite, or send me a pm about your choice.

Have fun writing! ::cool::

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hi, here is my submission for the new challenge.

I hope its suitable. Its a bit political.

Im not to hot on these links so apologies if it doesnt work.

Wulfstan.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I've posted this previously on my page but it got reviewed only twice. So let's try again. It's nonfiction and takes place in some of the seediest areas of Bangkok, a world sex capital. Hubba, hubba. Maybe that will draw some misplaced attention.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Here's mine :)

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Here's my submission. A Life of the Family

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hope I do this right...
...my story is called Times Arrow.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Here is my entry for this week.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

First time I have tried this I hope it works
Here is my submission for the challenge #23
[url]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Here is my submission : )

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Oh no... I thought I had until the end of Sunday. ::cry:: Oh well, I'll get it rigt next time. Good luck to you all in the voting. ::cool::