Unreligious Religion : Forum : Religion in your work

[reply] [quote]

Religion in your work

17 Years Ago

I'll try to get the ball rolling here. How is religion represented in your writing?
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

When I do write with a story line that involves religion then I tend not to make it so obvious, I tend to just subtly add it in. I normal uses thing that other people aren�t that incline to know about or discuss, in the hope that I bring people new knowledge or shock and entertain. For example my poem falling angel, not many people know that Gods first head angel was in fact Satan, the one man/thing lest likely to be God bowling buddy.

So how about you?
::happy::
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I've been doing just the opposite, making it the main subject matter dealt with. My first book Animus Defluo was a little more subtle, with the main characters being subtly implied angels and that's it. My second book however uses satan as the main character (a business woman). when everything goes awry and demons take over a little town she has to recruit a couple regular guys and the angel from the first book in order to restore the balance and set things right.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

::confused:: Religion in my work? I make atheist remarks or play with characters or make them suffer for evil deeds like in A Painting in the Wall--both original and second versions. Or I use Greek mythology. Or I question our existence. ::biggrin::
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hmm, well when I was younger I was much more direct and wrote vampire stories that were made almost in direct opposition to religion; my views have matured and now I use things like alagory and metaphor to make my criticism.

I've done much less direct stuff like "And as I look out on the dark night, awaiting the hunt of those blighting creatures beneath whose false faith..." you know something out of a comic book. Now its more like I create a character and instead of the narrator making them out to be bad, I have the character perform obviously negative actions, while those actions are not only representative of a larger group but motivated by the attribute I am trying to foster negative feelings about.

Sorry if that was a little long winded.