Unsure Writers : Forum : Hello! I'm totally new on Wri..

Hello! I'm totally new on Writerscafe...

13 Years Ago

I've only started to write seriously in the last year or so.  Yesterday I came up with a new story idea about fortune telling and tarot cards and don't know if it's very good.  I already wrote two poems for potential characters and other stuff.  In all actually truth I don't know what to do.   Dang near all of the topics (like a school/college life or awakening to some sort of power) is so over done so I'm a little worried on if I do that.   If anyone has any advice on this or anything that can improve my writing, please send me a message or post here.

Re: Hello! I'm totally new on Writerscafe...

13 Years Ago

Well I'm new too and sometimes I don't know what to write either. In this place it seems everything has been taken. Just go with what you want to write. Isn't that the reason everyone on this site joined, to write because they want to. As far as being repetitive everyone brings something new to the table, I'm sure you will too. 
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
bba

13 Years Ago

Basically, every storyline there is had already been written (imho.) I remember reading an article (correct me if I'm wrong here) about Neil Gaiman, that he created a story about a boy (who wear glasses) and is a wizard. And that was before J.K. Rowling created Harry Potter. And of course, Neil Gaiman didn't do anything since he knew that at some point and at some time, somebody will write something that was already written. (Now exactly but somewhat same idea/concept.)

I think this would help you getting your 'mojo' moving: 
That's a video clip of Stephen King giving advice. 

And here's another advice by Neil Gaiman: 

The context of their advices really helps me and I hope they will help you too. XD

*have fun writing!

bba

13 Years Ago

I don't want to come on here and tell all of you to go out and download some software, but yWriter5 is my writer block fix. You load in all of your characters and info and then start writing scenes. These scenes show up in a sidebar so you can rearange your story any time. This is totally free and made by a real author. It won't suggest ideas, but when you spend less time formatting and more time playing around with ideas you get much more done.